i hit a 1/4 mile wall

scoobert

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
ok here is the delema, i can get 13.7-13.9 all day... the issue is about 100 feet before the line i hit the rpm governor in 3rd. if i go into forth i roll across at 103, in 3rd i get 105.... maxed. i tried everything from launching in second.... to shifting super early. can't seem to break that 105 threshold.
any advice?

sorry saw governor and not rpm LOL

Last edited:
Get you some drag radials and an SCT tuner, you will be in the high 12's and shifting into 4th every pass.

if you really wanna go faster your best bet is drag radials they are a little shorter than the stock tires too so it gives you a lower gear ratio you'll be shifting into 4th earlyer and coming off the line faster, at one time i ran a 26" tall tire and i was shifting into 4th before the 1/8th mile mark on the track

Air temp? humidity? track elevation?...........little factors.........I say stageing is kinda crucial, maybe hit peak torque 1, 2 , and hit peak hp 3, and 4...:dontknow: what is your 0 to 60 mph time..........?............:rock: :D :rock:

it was hot and muggy, think that slowed me down a bit. hook-up was super! low elevation. ran 13.65 best last time, ran more consistent this time, within .3 seconds all day.
new runs were with removed cats and no spare.

Fatjack got it right. get an SCT you'll notice a big gain with good tuning. did you get rid of all 4 cats? if you dont want to go with dr's you can get some caltracs instead.

scoobert said:
where is the cheapest place to get the tuner and i am getting about 2.2
You should be able to get 1.8's with DR's. Just that will cut your ET almost 1/2 second.

Drag Radials cut 7 tenths off my best time....I went from a 1.94 60' to 1.72.........Stinker can get you an SCT with a bad azz tune on it...

scoobert said:
ok here is the delema, i can get 13.7-13.9 all day... the issue is about 100 feet before the line i hit the rpm governor in 3rd. if i go into forth i roll across at 103, in 3rd i get 105.... maxed. i tried everything from launching in second.... to shifting super early. can't seem to break that 105 threshold.
any advice?

Try a shorter tire and a set of caltracs. You'll effectively increase your final drive ratio with the shorter tire, and you'll need to caltracs to help with wheelspin off the line.

What RPM are you currently at in 4th through the lights?

Try spinning less off the line therefore you will be at a higher speed off the line and in the higher set of your gears and you will hit 4th a few hundred feet before the 1/4 line and you will roll across well over 105.

I ran my best time (13.3) with about 25 pounds in the rear tires(General Grabbers) with the spare tire still under the truck(i thought the loss of weight would keep the truck from getting off the line w/o wheel spin):dontknow: and with the cats still on the truck.
If you have the stock shifter, remove it and get a B&M, it makes for better shifting.

you need some of this

huge_pile_of_cash.gif

scoobert said:
any advice?
Change gears to 4.56 and invest in a set of M&H 390-40-17 Drag Radials. Plus you will enjoy the truck more around town driving.

Last edited:
FastSRT19 said:
I ran my best time (13.3) with about 25 pounds in the rear tires(General Grabbers) with the spare tire still under the truck(i thought the loss of weight would keep the truck from getting off the line w/o wheel spin):dontknow: and with the cats still on the truck.
If you have the stock shifter, remove it and get a B&M, it makes for better shifting.

you also have an 05. Doesn't yours have 4.56's

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back