I just got another Snake.

WizzySRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting a pet that is easy to take care of with the hours I work and days I'm out of town. So I've been doing research and finally found the pet. I bought a male ball python today he's about a foot long currently. I'll have to get some pics one day for ya'lls but he's the normal coloring of ball pythons.

Snakes are cool...........

But I doubt that most people here know the "normal color" of a ball python....

D

Attachments

• ball-python-48101.jpeg
    ball-python-48101.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 53
Django said:
Snakes are cool...........

But I doubt that most people here know the "normal color" of a ball python....

D

Thanks Tim.

I like him so far right now he's very active in the terrarium I guess he's really curious right now. I need to get a table to put him in the living room currently he's on my kitchen counter in an area I really don't use.

Ball Pythons are great. They usually grow up to 5 - 7 feet and are easily manageable.

Here is a pic of me and my former Albino Burmese Python, Casper. At the time she was a year and a half at 11 feet weighing in at 80lbs.

001.jpg

By the time she reached two, she was just over 14 feet weighing in at 125+ lbs.

She died that year when a snow storm knocked out power for over a day. :(

OCBob said:
We killed the last one we tried to keep. It can be tough to get them to eat sometimes when they are young.
You were probably the victim of an import. Captive bred balls are usually very good eaters, while the wild caught imports tend to be problematic. Your local pet stores are often supplied by the large distributors that get their stock from the big importers. The imports may be wild caught, or they may be farm raised. By farm raised, they mean that it is natural jungle, that is designated as a farm. They go out and collect the marketable wild life and sell it. In some cases they find the clutch of eggs and hatch them in captivity. In that case there is a better chance of eating if it was supplied obtainable food.

I have raised snakes for 15 years. During that time I have produced over 500 babies that I sold to pet stores and the like.

1bad4dr said:
Ball Pythons are great. They usually grow up to 5 - 7 feet and are easily manageable.

Here is a pic of me and my former Albino Burmese Python, Casper. At the time she was a year and a half at 11 feet weighing in at 80lbs.

001.jpg

By the time she reached two, she was just over 14 feet weighing in at 125+ lbs.

She died that year when a snow storm knocked out power for over a day. :(
Nice looking albino. I raised Burmese for a while. They were my first success in breeding. We produced regulars, albinos, patternless, and albino patternless. Then we moved into the reticulated pythons. By the end we had bred retics, boas, burms, and balls. i hope to get into it again in the future. I want a albino retic as well as a pied ball python.

tinygiants said:
Nice looking albino. I raised Burmese for a while. They were my first success in breeding. We produced regulars, albinos, patternless, and albino patternless. Then we moved into the reticulated pythons. By the end we had bred retics, boas, burms, and balls. i hope to get into it again in the future. I want a albino retic as well as a pied ball python.
When did you do the breeding?

I ask because I noticed you are from WA and that is where I raised Casper.

Well I have some pics of my Baby ball python Syrus. Sorry about the bad quality of pics.

syrus1.jpg

syrus2.jpg

syrus3.jpg

Very Cool!! I have always liked snakes!!

I have had a few when I was a kid, one that I found in the woods. Of course none of them survived very long, but I always wanted either a Boa, or a Ball Python!!

belgiumbarry said:
i don't like snakes ... seems me to dangerous...:dontknow: :eek: :D :D :D

me want a turtle ! :D :D :D

Nawww they're not that dangerous he actually likes being handled so it's not bad.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back