I just got back from buying my first SRT-10:)

Nates GTS Viper

Reaction score
I had a thread a couple of weeks ago about a 05 QC that I won on ebay. Well I went to Az from Va to check the truck out before I paid for it to make sure it was what the seller said it was. I won it on ebay for 20,000 dollars and just had to make sure about its condition before I gave up that kind of money. It was a one owner truck and it has 53,000 miles on it. It also has a polished paxton and a full b&b exhaust (headers, cats, qc extension, and catback. He had all the reciepts for everything and the dyno sheets from the paxton install. Well I get down there and he pulled it out of the garage where it was being stored and it was CLEAN. Everything looked great no sighns of leaks under the truck and with the exeption of one small tear in one of the rear seats and a few rock chips in the front the truck was perfect. The exhaust sounded great and the test drive was even better. He let me and by wife go out together and everything felt great driving. What I noticed first was the ride(great) and then the brakes(felt better than my 96 gts brakes. After the oil temp was up I got on it a few times, once from a stop and once from a 60mph roll. All I can say is WOW. Trans shifter great and the truck is just beyond all my expectations. I think Im going to make it my daily driver even though I only bought it to trailer my Viper to the track. Ill post some pics once my luggage finds its way home (long story). Now I know what the truck and all of you are about and I like very much.

Welcome!!! :party: Sounds like you got a super nice truck!

:needpics:

Good luck with the luggage. :)

Oh yes I see now what all the hype is about. I will get to the pis soon I may have a few on my phone but they won't be to revealing. Before going down to see the truck I had never seen one or even sat in one before. I just don't know what took me so long to get one. Is there anyone who I could email the pics to because other than typing in a thread and just searching the internet I'm not to good with the computer stuff. Also with the mods my truck has with a proper but safe tune what should I be expecting for whp. Also what sports cars could I embarres at the track or on a private highway. Thanks again for the welcome.

Welcome! This place is great. Lots of super people who are enthusiasts to the hilt!

I just picked up my '05 QC a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy!

The deal that you got on that truck is a once and a lifetime thing.

Words will never express how pissed that man was when he only got 20,000 for that truck...........

Hell that exhaust is worth 3,000 by itself.

Add 9,000 for the paxton and who knows what in installation and you got that truck for 5-7 thousand dollars.

NOW POST SOME DAMN PICS..................i'm jelous!

Dude you got a hell of a deal on the truck. I'm surprised it to you so long. Enjoy.

Welcome home fellow cake-eater. I'm happy to see you experienced instant gratification from your new ride. You will grow fonder of it still each time you come here to VTCoA....

Okay, now that the pleasantries are out the way I might as well stop here. :dontknow:There's nothing else I can do at this point but totally screw up our relationship.:D

Nates GTS Viper said:
Oh yes I see now what all the hype is about. I will get to the pis soon I may have a few on my phone but they won't be to revealing. Before going down to see the truck I had never seen one or even sat in one before. I just don't know what took me so long to get one. Is there anyone who I could email the pics to because other than typing in a thread and just searching the internet I'm not to good with the computer stuff. Also with the mods my truck has with a proper but safe tune what should I be expecting for whp. Also what sports cars could I embarres at the track or on a private highway. Thanks again for the welcome.
every one of em,aint no import messin with my american power:burnout: :rock: :D welcome to the rbc asylum:congrats:

I have taken a few highend vehicles, including a viper, so it is open season:D :burnout: :burnout:

BigIke he actually bought the exhaust from lingenfelter and it was right at 5,000 dollars and the supercharger was 9,980 dollars without install. Also I wanted to ask is there a diffence in the regualr cab paxton and the qc kit. on the paxton site it says so but he bought the kit in 05 and was just wondering if that makes any difference.
Also about the speed of these trucks what kind of times in the 1/8th and 1/4 could I expect out of this rig.

Nates GTS Viper said:
BigIke he actually bought the exhaust from lingenfelter and it was right at 5,000 dollars and the supercharger was 9,980 dollars without install. Also I wanted to ask is there a diffence in the regualr cab paxton and the qc kit. on the paxton site it says so but he bought the kit in 05 and was just wondering if that makes any difference.
Also about the speed of these trucks what kind of times in the 1/8th and 1/4 could I expect out of this rig.
Congrats on the truck. A word of warning.....Don't try to get anymore out of it (HP) without doing a lot of reading here. These engines go boom when boosted too much without forged internals.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back