I Need New Rubbers...

Venom Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s right just like the title says. It’s about that time that I get some new rubbers; preferably OEM Pirelli Scorpions. Anybody know where online I can find them being sold the cheapest? :idea: I wanna go use the add to price match at NTB or Discount Tire. WHAT!? :dontknow: What did you think I was talking about?

Maybe they come in ribbed :dontknow: :p

When I got mine about a month ago they were %182 a piece. Pretty cheap really. Then took them to the dealer and had them mount and ballance them. I believe it was 25 bucks or so for mount and ballance. I don't think I would trust many other places mounting tires on our rims.

Stretch

amoparman said:
When I got mine about a month ago they were %182 a piece. Pretty cheap really. Then took them to the dealer and had them mount and ballance them. I believe it was 25 bucks or so for mount and ballance. I don't think I would trust many other places mounting tires on our rims.

Stretch

so give or take 450

Wifey said:
Maybe they come in ribbed :dontknow: :p
For traction in wet or dry situations?

Sorry, couldn't avoid picking up your line...

Prof said:
For traction in wet or dry situations?

Sorry, couldn't avoid picking up your line...
no problem "ron" - ;)

How ya doing Roy :D

Wifey said:
no problem "ron" - ;)

How ya doing Roy :D

Doin' good!

I'm going to kill Mikey for calling me "Ron"...I feel really rejected...getting ready to move from Florida to northern IL, at my age that could be fatal.

Prof said:
Doin' good!

I'm going to kill Mikey for calling me "Ron"...I feel really rejected...getting ready to move from Florida to northern IL, at my age that could be fatal.

And here I thought that the natural migration was supposed to be from northern Illinois to Florida!!?? :confused:

amoparman said:
Then took them to the dealer and had them mount and ballance them. I believe it was 25 bucks or so for mount and ballance.

WOW! That's a great price from the dealer! My dealer charged me $35/mount and $60 to Road Force Balance them!! Then I went across the street bought 4 new wheels and had it done again... :banghead: (not by the dealer though)

Are the pirelli's any better now? My truck came with two that were out of round. They are the best price tire through the tire rack. Costco has the BF Goodrich for $358 ea. out the door including road hazard. Tread wear is only 300 so they won't last as long as the pirelli's.:idea:

im not going back with pirelli's have had nothing but trouble trying to get them and keep them balanced, really liked the tread pattern on the b goodwrench kdw's

eddie102870 said:
im not going back with pirelli's have had nothing but trouble trying to get them and keep them balanced, really liked the tread pattern on the b goodwrench kdw's

Phil (Big Asp) tried out the KDW's and didn't like them to much if I remember right. Less traction and the tread width was slighly less than the Pirellis. The Pirellis are a very square shouldered tire which increases the tread width for the tire size.

Just something to think about.

mopower1958 said:
I love my TOYO Proxes!

Just put those on my wife's FX. They look nice, but I had to go from a 265 to a 295 to get the same amount of rubber on the road.

Do you drive yours in the rain? If so how do you like them in the rain. The Pirellis hydroplane if you hit week old spit at anything over 60mph.:(

ntw0rk said:
And here I thought that the natural migration was supposed to be from northern Illinois to Florida!!?? :confused:

You are right...spousal unit got promoted to Chief Technology Officer, the catch was a move back to the corporate headquarters. So Il here I come!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back