I need some race hints

DBRIAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, Im going to breakaway,[1/8 mi. strip] in the morning, 1st time to drag the truck. I would appreciate any pointers on launch, tire pressure, etc. especially since I may be racing my wife in my 07 srt8 super bee [8.902 in the1/8]. 05 yf rc, dc stage 2, cal tracs [sticks old truck, yall know it]. anyway, thanks and wish me luck, ill post slips afterwards.

Lower rear tires to 22 lbs....raise front tires to 48 lbs....launch at 3-4K RPM.....may have to back off on launch rpm depending on track prep...you should beat the superbee easily.....I beat my former Charger SRT8 saturday by about 4 car lengths...and I missed 4th gear....;)

Right on dude...................tire pressue 22 to 24 in back, fronts full. Track prep will determine your rpm at launch but slipping the clutch will result in a $2k fix it bill!!! IE dont slip it. Launch at idle then floor it or rev rpms up to 3k + or - pending track prep then dump the clutch. There is no one answer as every track is different. Lift the hood between runs, dont hot lap it as the clutch and fluid will get too hot. Relax when shifting and third will come easier.

Good luck and have fun most of all.

patrick

DBRIAN said:
Hello all, Im going to breakaway,[1/8 mi. strip] in the morning, 1st time to drag the truck. I would appreciate any pointers on launch, tire pressure, etc. especially since I may be racing my wife in my 07 srt8 super bee [8.902 in the1/8]. 05 yf rc, dc stage 2, cal tracs [sticks old truck, yall know it]. anyway, thanks and wish me luck, ill post slips afterwards.
Is that 07 Super bee a truck? Excuse my ignorance!:dontknow:

super bee

no, the super bee is a limited ed. 07 charger srt8 [#809/1000], 6.1 ltr., the truck,also yellow, is a 5.7ltr called the rumble bee. ill post some pics 2nite.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back