I need the best Viper Truck video.

robwclark said:
How ford sells more trucks than anyone else is BEYOND me!! I cant freaking believe the sales numbers, but then again this country elected Obama. Fords are the crap of the crap in trucks. Now on the Superdutys: They are on a 12 year old slate, they have the highest engine failure rate, they make the least power, they are BY FAR the ugliest(your just a complete moron if you think a new superduty looks better than a chevy/gmc or dodge) The cabs rattle to bits, the plastic/garbage interior stinks, the ford interior odor stinks(seriously). Now on the F150. Common people...these things suck! What really pisses me off is how ford will do a facelift on the 2009 F150, and then TOTALLY market the truck as an ALL NEW FOR F150 for 2009!! F150s are underpowered, fugly, cheap ass spaceship interior, downright ignorant trucks, and they outsell GM and Dodge put together!!!!! Even Motortrend picked them as the best even over the new 09 Ram. The new 09 Ram blows the F150 completely away in every way, form, & fashion. I dont get it yall!!!!!!!

101% Right man, and you just made an epic quote... :D

ok so rob, let me get this right, you don't want our trucks compared to a lightning because they are lighter, and you don't like the way they look?? Our trucks were built to compete with the lightning, dodge dropped the ball on the weight part but still ended up with a faster truck(again stock vs stock). And i'd have to disagree with the 5.4 being weak, i've seen plenty of high mileage L's an Harley trucks that have had the snot beat out of them. You want people to respect your 10 then you have to also respect the L's. You calling them crap is just like them calling our trucks crap. I've been challenged by several L's that though they were hot sh!t and i've yet to be beaten by one(fastest one i've run was a 12.7's trucks). That wipes the smug sh!t eatting grin off of their faces way better than calling their truck crap ever could.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
ok so rob, let me get this right, you don't want our trucks compared to a lightning because they are lighter, and you don't like the way they look?? Our trucks were built to compete with the lightning, dodge dropped the ball on the weight part but still ended up with a faster truck(again stock vs stock). And i'd have to disagree with the 5.4 being weak, i've seen plenty of high mileage L's an Harley trucks that have had the snot beat out of them. You want people to respect your 10 then you have to also respect the L's. You calling them crap is just like them calling our trucks crap. I've been challenged by several L's that though they were hot sh!t and i've yet to be beaten by one(fastest one i've run was a 12.7's trucks). That wipes the smug sh!t eatting grin off of their faces way better than calling their truck crap ever could.

Good post:congrats: ... you're still gay, but a good post:D

I never said the Lightening were crap, because they are not crap. Even if I did it was for comparison's sake. I said comparing new current year models(2009 & 2010) ford trucks are crap compared to GM & Dodge, and that is a fact because they are!!!!!!!!

ARRESTmeRed04 said:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:

"ok so rob, let me get this right" ......Stop right there my man. You couldn't have it MORE wrong. First of all, I am one of the FAIREST people you will EVER meet. I actually spoke extremely high of an L if you read all my posts in this thread completely. What I was saying was "yeah, it sux that we have to have our trucks compared to a lightening" not because they suck, but because a truck that cost less than half the money can actually be compared to a 10. As I said, ALL they need is a pulley and they run close. These 2 vehicles are BOTH fast pickup trucks, so they will ALWAYS be compared no matter what.

I never said they have a weak motor. Hell, a 5.4 is probably more durable than our engines. What I was saying is that:

Any time you play with non-factory boost levels on a stock engine(whether it came with a factory blower or not), your placing wear on the engine at a much faster rate.

To be more precise: Your average bone stock Lightening will get its ass ripped by an average 10. Lightening owners retaliate by putting a smaller pulley(thus considerably shortening the life of the 5.4) just to be able to run close to a stock 10. After say, i dunno ....... 100 drag races, the lightening owner will have an engine that is say ......... 75% worn out, where as the 10 owner who left his truck stock will have a motor that is say ...... 10% worn out. The lightening will soon need a new engine, and yes the 5.4 is a cheapass engine compared to a Viper V10.

BTW, if I had a lightening, a pulley would be the absolute 1st thing I would do to it(The value of engine wear vs. extra power would definitely be worth it to me).

NOW,

The whole idea of having a Viper truck says you have what.......A VIPER MOTOR! Now that being said it is very embarrassing to have your ass handed to you by a pully'd lightening just because you missed a shift. PLEASE LISTEN to these next few words as this is where you got the idea I hate/don't respect lightenings: ..............It sux for a 10 owner to be compared to a lightening because you have a reputation to defend because you have a 505HP Viper 8.3L V10 under the hood of your $50-$60K truck. The reason it sux is because lightenings are VERY capable trucks! Lightening owners DO NOT have a reputation to defend as they don't have an exotic engine & $50K+ price tag. That being said: ....... If they lose the race at the racetrack to a Viper truck, they can sit back on their way home from the track, and think to themselves: "Hell, who cares that guy had an Fn Viper Motor". BUT ........If that same L owner had won the race, he would be thinking " Viper trucks are stupid, got that big ol' Viper V10 under the hood of that high dollar truck, and I STILL whooped his ass with my lil' ol 5.4".

Understand??? That's the difference!

Now in the looks department, I like the way a lightening looks just fine. But, when your at a car show, truck meet, race track, ............mall parking lot, and you see a lightening next to a 10.........COMMON BRO are you crazy. the 10 Simply murders a lightening in looks!!!!!!!!!

For the record I do not believe for one second these trucks were built to compete with the lightening even if Chrysler says so. These trucks were built as a long shot gamble by Chrysler. They didn't get together and say "lets build a lightening beater", they said, "we're gonna do an SRT truck(because most all platforms have an SRT version), and the Viper V10 is the only way to make the truck run good". They built the Ram SRT10 as a one-off build-run because they thought they simply wanted to.

Cya

i have a buddy with a harley truck and he's on his 3rd johhny lightning motor.

eddie102870 said:
i have a buddy with a harley truck and he's on his 3rd johhny lightning motor.

Exactly. That's all I was basically saying in that book of a post.

robwclark said:
Exactly. That's all I was basically saying in that book of a post.

read the plate you all know where i stand :D

Rob i'm gonna make it over to see you truck one day.. as soon as school gets off my ass hahaha

rob, sorry i misunderstood you previous postings, i understand the whole "rep." thing. However, i think our trucks have started to gain a rep for being "slow" becuase people have seen them at the track and run 14's all night long.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
rob, sorry i misunderstood you previous postings, i understand the whole "rep." thing. However, i think our trucks have started to gain a rep for being "slow" becuase people have seen them at the track and run 14's all night long.

Yeah Viper trucks are like that. My first pass in a stocker was a 14.2 at 99. You REALLY have to just rag the piss out of them to get in th 13s which by now I am pretty good at. I can get a stock truck to a 13.5 at 105 now, but man I really give it hell. Couple of guys on here claim 107 or 108 mph stock, but I have never seen one run that.

:driver: i have never raced mine yet,but that gives me hope

Alot of it has to do with temps & elevation. Some just run better than others. I had one that felt terrible- slow. Also the higher the miles the better they seem to run IMO.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back