I swear this truck is a pile of Shot

Misterhemi03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had soo many stupid little problems with a new truck.
the last few fill ups have been difficult. The gas pump won't continue to flow on its own. I thought it was just the gas pump. Different gas station, same problem. Only now its worse, the filler neck fills with gas and overflows soo easily now. It will only take a gal or two before it over flows. The gauge is not off because I know there isnt very much gas in it( my tank is always empty).

O well back to the f'n stealership.:dancing:
This time I'm going to tell them how their viper tech put my shifter bezel on backwards, stripped all the bolts, and couldnt find the rattle. The rattle was the m'fn bolts, and the backwards bezel. It can only go on one way, there is a big peg on the pass side, and a small peg on the driverside, he had it backwards. He told me the rattle was the change in my change holder near the cup holders!:mad:

Hopefully someone hasnt stuffed something in your tank!:dontknow:

Otherwise it may be the check ball or what ever they call it know, may be in a bad position, its in case of rollover .

There was an issue at one time with when they installed the bed the hose would get kinked. That would be my guess.

Never rolled it, and I looked at the filler hose from what u can see in the fenderwell, all looks good. Never had the bed replaced or worked on since Ive ownd it new.
Droppin the toilet off at 10, we'll see.

Sounds like you need to visit a different dealer's service department.
One that doesn't hire/assign substandard mechanics to your truck.

Seriously, I had to do that myself back when I owned my Dakota. I changed dealerships until I found one who assigned me a service tech who is intelligent enough to not do that kind of stupid sh!t. He's good enough that now he is the only tech I would ever let work on my stuff.

God willing, I still hope to never use a dealership at all if I can help it. I try to do all my own work for anything short of warranty engine/trans replacement...

Last edited:
Just dropped her off. Yeah they said they had a few come in with the ball (that prevents siphoning) in the wrong positon. Stinker could've already told them that

DOT- yeah I hate goin to the dealer, if I had more time, I would take care of more things myself.

I think I'm gonna pick up a locking gas cap while I'm there. I was just thinking, if anyone stuffed something in the tank and f'd up my motor, I would be Sh t out of luck. I know these motors are big $$$ and I dont want to take that risk.

Last edited:
Misterhemi03 said:
Just dropped her off. Yeah they said they had a few come in with the ball (that prevents siphoning) in the wrong positon. Stinker could've already told them that

DOT- yeah I hate goin to the dealer, if I had more time, I would take care of more things myself.

I think I'm gonna pick up a locking gas cap while I'm there. I was just thinking, if anyone stuffed something in the tank and f'd up my motor, I would be Sh t out of luck. I know these motors are big $$$ and I dont want to take that risk.

All our vehicles ' cept the bikes, have locking caps - not only to protect from clowns being vandals but also from gas siphoning -- a big problem in the 70's gas crisis at the pump. Locking gas caps are the only way to fly

good luck with the check valve prob -- should be no problem to fix

Evap canister was filled with water. GOOD DESIGN, I know there is a ton of rain here in FL sometimes, but the truck has to be designed better than that. Im kinda hoping that their not completely right. The rain has been heavy the last few days, but I avoid the deep puddles on the side of the road. Im afraid that this is goin to happen again. The dealer said this isnt normally coverd by warranty, but theyre gonna take care of it this time. Dunno how I feel about that statement.

Also, I noticed that dodge is putting a gap cover between the bed and cab, on the newer trucks, I wonder if this could help?

Misterhemi03 said:
Evap canister was filled with water. GOOD DESIGN, I know there is a ton of rain here in FL sometimes, but the truck has to be designed better than that. Im kinda hoping that their not completely right. The rain has been heavy the last few days, but I avoid the deep puddles on the side of the road. Im afraid that this is goin to happen again. The dealer said this isnt normally coverd by warranty, but theyre gonna take care of it this time. Dunno how I feel about that statement.

Also, I noticed that dodge is putting a gap cover between the bed and cab, on the newer trucks, I wonder if this could help?

Keep you paperwork. If they fix it once under warranty they should fix it again later on.

Sounds like your dealer is trying to intimidate you. Leave them or talk to the owner. I hate American car dealers in general because they act like break downs are normal services and that you should have purchased a second car to drive while the repairs are being done.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back