I took a spin in an Chally SRT 8

1fastcruiser

Reaction score
I was trying to be a little more practical, We have a baby on the way.
I was offered a great deal on trading my truck in for a 2010 Chally SRT8 6 speed.
I drove it, I must say I was a little disappointed. I know it wasn't tuned and was in stock form, but I know my truck could take this car in the quarter. I have cold air intake, cat back, 170 thermostate, TB by Tony, and tuned buy Torrie. My buddy agree's with my thoughts.
This is just one Big Bad Ass truck!
One day I will have a Roe and will have even a bigger sinister grin on my face.

Hey there, I'm in Allen... hope we get a chance to run into each other someday!

I had a 300C SRT-8. I know the Challenger is a cooler vehicle than that, but probably not any faster. A good running SRT-10 will beat it.

Keep the rubber side down!! :D

The SRT8s will fool you...I have heard your story many of time....the 6.1 has a odd learning cycle programmed in and depending on how it has been driven can be a completely different beast......plus the 6.1 power is in the upper range....it can really change the outcome of a race in the last 500 feet...

My SRT8 (not Chally) had a tune and a CAI, so it was not heavily modded. It did run hard on the upper end, but from a 20-100 run, I think my SRT-10 would beat it. Over that, aerodynamics of the car will make it pull some probably.

Super nice car...honestly the best performance sedan for the $$ out there, I think... but would rather have the GT500 in my garage. That's what it boiled down to for me.

i disagree with the comment about the 300c running with the challenger, i had an 08 srt challenger and raced a couple 300c, aroun 2 to 3 car length difference. as for the gt500, fast cars, but i lost a lot of respect when one got a car length on me and i pulled it in to a half a car. the challenger has a lot more to it then i expected. not the fastest car on the planet, but impresive non the less for its weight. damn i miss that car.

heehe, jsut put some giggle juice on it an the tangs go down, 11.88's on streets spinning thru third, nothing else but a catback and a cai:D

Get your self srt-8 jeep if you getting srt-8 . I drove all srt-8 and that's one I liked a moust and 300 . They are maybe not fastest but they are sweet rides ...

My wifes car is a SRT jeep and its all stock. My son has raced it in the high school class and it runs 13.2 to 13.5. Not bad for a 4800 pound brick.

as i owner of a truck and three srt-8's. the jeep is a blast for a family wagon, and you don't see many around. my challenger with the kennie bell on top is the fastest out of my group.

as i owner of a truck and three srt-8's. the jeep is a blast for a family wagon, and you don't see many around. my challenger with the kennie bell on top is the fastest out of my group.

Do you have pics of your Challenger? Sounds like an awesome ride!!! :rock:

a couple of the group

Attachments

• new truck 085.jpg
    new truck 085.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 68
  • new jeep 003.jpg
    new jeep 003.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 46

Jeeps are the best imo also, but far as uncommon lol the srt's are everywhere here, jeeps being the most.

the srt10 is what you dont see.

few of my friends have the jeeps they are cool, one of them runs 11.1

but in a challenge of traction, with clutch play I would take a 6 speed all day long.

any fool can race a jeep thats AWD, kinda no fun if you ask me

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back