i want a 10 but cant afford the insurance...i have an idea :D

gtx0227

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when dodge made the 10 was it basically a " direct bolt in " for the trucks or did they do some crazy stuff to make it work? i think a 10 motor auto tranny in a reg 3rd gen ram would look sweet:rock: any idea guys?

They did some really crazy stuff for it all to work as a package deal. You could do the motor swap pretty easy and do without handling, braking, and traction. It would be more of a muscle truck instead of a super truck. Honestly, I like the idea! Go for it, the insurance will only see it as a 1500 instead of an SRT 10.

Would you have to sell your current ride to get the 10? If you don't you can have them put it under a collector car. Like I did my insurance is only $100 a month.

TREKER said:
my 06 is listed as reg 1500 with geico. :dontknow:
i know, ive heard alot of guys say thatt, I think its the person that takes the info;) but if not mistaken, and I usually am:p but on my winder sticer its option, and yours not? maybe check, it would be cool to know for ssure:D

Stinker said:
i know, ive heard alot of guys say thatt, I think its the person that takes the info;) but if not mistaken, and I usually am:p but on my winder sticer its option, and yours not? maybe check, it would be cool to know for ssure:D

It goes by my VIN number with them. I was surprised, very surprised when I got the quote..:rock:

Then what happens when you need there services? Oh ya by the way insurance company this in no 20K ram its actually 50K. My Aunt is a insurance broker and shes gives my brother and I shit all the time that our vehicles are underinsured.

yellowfever#154 said:
Then what happens when you need there services? Oh ya by the way insurance company this in no 20K ram its actually 50K. My Aunt is a insurance broker and shes gives my brother and I shit all the time that our vehicles are underinsured.
mines a total wreck anyway:p

I had an '06 with American Family Insurance. They quoted it as a normal 1500 and I even took it in for an accident and nothing changed. They knew what it was and my insurance was based on a 1500 truck. Your information about high insurance costs is wrong. Shop around. You now know Geico and American Family will classify it as a 1500.

yellowfever#154 said:
:D , you ever gonna get yours back together? Whats the hold up?
$$$$$$$:argh:

one of these days bud, one of these days........hell might jsut stick in a dang stock motor jsut to see it moooooove:p

My insurance also only see's it as a 1500. I even told the guy who is a car buff what it was. He double checked and confirmed that they only see it as a 1500.

yellowfever#154 said:
She is very correct, now the one problem is , if you wreck it , fine, replace it with standard 1500 parts and some body clading, problems inside, good to go, where the insurance may come into play and say no.............the good ol engine, now ya try telling your insurance company your 1500 has a 20k engine, they may jsut cringe a little, like ya aunt says, insure it for what it is, or be prepared to pay, or jsut pay it off, and get liability, save the insurance money in case anything happens..............LOLOL like that would ever happen:p

Stinker said:
She is very correct, now the one problem is , if you wreck it , fine, replace it with standard 1500 parts and some body clading, problems inside, good to go, where the insurance may come into play and say no.............the good ol engine, now ya try telling your insurance company your 1500 has a 20k engine, they may jsut cringe a little, like ya aunt says, insure it for what it is, or be prepared to pay, or jsut pay it off, and get liability, save the insurance money in case anything happens..............LOLOL like that would ever happen:p

Huh? Does this make any sense to anyone else? :D

my 05 was listed as a RAM 1500

Back