I Will Remember....

KRAZYSRT10 said:
September 11th, 2001.

I wish we still had the sense of unity that we had that day.......

May God bless those who lost their lives or gave there all for others......

May God forgive those who hold the innocent responsible for what happened that day.

May we ALL learn (each our own individual) lessons from it......

May God bless America.....

D

..and may God damn to Hell those guilty souls that are still walking freely on this Earth.

Amen..

I will never forget my horrors that clear blue Tuesday morning in Manhattan. How people rushed southward from Columbus Circle just north of Times Square and Mid-town Manhattan where I was coming out of a philosophy class. They were rushing southward for so many reasons. Curiosity, fear, terror… Out of the chaos and confusion that faithful morning came both unity and hate, simultaneously. I’ll never forget how that vast cloud of ash and debris rolled over the island, wiping away any sense of security we’ve taken for granted. Our great nation will never be the same. Our great nation will never recover no matter how many generations come and go. That day will always linger in some way within our minds. No newly built structure on that site will change anything. God bless America. God bless us all.

Signed,

One red blooded American.

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
Amen..

I will never forget my horrors that clear blue Tuesday morning in Manhattan. How people rushed southward from Columbus Circle just north of Times Square and Mid-town Manhattan where I was coming out of a philosophy class. They were rushing southward for so many reasons. Curiosity, fear, terror… Out of the chaos and confusion that faithful morning came both unity and hate, simultaneously. I’ll never forget how that vast cloud of ash and debris rolled over the island, wiping away any sense of security we’ve taken for granted. Our great nation will never be the same. Our great nation will never recover no matter how many generations come and go. That day will always linger in some way within our minds. No newly built structure on that site will change anything. God bless America. God bless us all.

Signed,

One red blooded American.

Well said.:congrats: :rock:

I was working with the port authority only weekes before 9/11. I was in the north tower on a early summer morning for a meeting on the 86th floor. Not many people were around. I vividly remember walking to a window and just gazing out over the city. It was amazing and terrifying at the same time. I was on top of everything else I looked at and their was still 30 floors above me. A few days lager I started a new job out on long island and on 9/11 amidst all the horror, I thought about my few minutes alone on the 86fb floor. It took me two elevators to get to. The thought of being in that location on that morning still disturbs me. People who worked there for so many years now faced with the thought of dying there. I still shudder when I think about the horrors of that day. I still have so many questions that will never be answered. I still think about that space in the sky where I once stood high above the city.

Time passes, as time does. Time attempts to heal all wounds. I ironically ended up working for one of the 3 Construction companies contracted to actually do the clean up at ground zero. I was not there immediatly but did see the aftermath of that day. I will/can/would never forget that day. I knew a few people who worked in the north tower. Those I knew, got out. I wonder how many I passed in the hallways, rode in elevators with, said good morning to, took the train with, that never made it out. Lives lost instantly and those who suffered, families still mourning.

No, I will never forget 9/11.

I will never forget. Anyone that does forget is not a true American. IMO

Bill.

I will ALWAYS remember.....

My Parents and I went to the Police Hall Of Fame over by KSC last week.... They had a 9/11 Memorial with some of the wreckage. It was amazing to see what the heat and the pressure did to the metal. There was a piece that didn't look like the others that was on display. The curator later told us it was from one of the planes.

I was at Mt. Weather, Va in class that morning. I remember the guy next to me showing me his text pager saying that a plane had hit the Trade Center. We both kind of shrugged and thought that it must have been a small Cessna or something...
Then, a few minutes later, he showed me the next text saying the the other tower had been hit. We immediately told our instructor that she needed to put us on break so we could check the news... imagine our horror as we watched, knowing that some of our co-workers were right there in Manhattan. When the plane hit the Pentagon, my boss and I excused ourselves from class and started the drive home. I will NEVER forget driving up I-95 that day. We could see the smoke from the towers from about 30 miles out, slowly drifting east. I will NEVER forget how calm and quiet the city seemed from our vantage point as we pulled the car over on the highway; there were very few cars on the highway that afternoon, and that, as you know, it highly unusual for that piece of tar. We stood there on the overpass for a few minutes and paid our respects to those that had passed, and continued driving north.
We finally conked out, physically and emotionally about 2 hours from our office, and decided to call it a night. When we got up the next morning, we started our drive and I decided that I wanted to stop and pick up some American flags to take to the people at work. We stopped at an Ames in Worcester, Ma. and did not find one single flag in that store. I was actually quite mad about that. As we made our way to the front door to leave the store, a woman came in frantic about a man in the parking lot having a heart attack. Fresh from AED training, we both ran out to see if we could help, and ended up pulling the man from his car and performing CPR. When the paramedics arrived we continued to work and got busy doing whatever we could to help Region II (Manhattan) with the disaster.
There are many things that happened over the course of those few days surrounding 9/11/01 that I will never be able to forget, nor would I want to.

And now, I am here trying to make a difference for a country that was held captive by one man, and several terrorist groups for many years. And I don't mind telling you, we are making a difference. I think it is a damn shame that the media doesn't do more to show how much good we really are doing over here. The sailors, marines, soldiers and airmen that are here of their own free will (for the most part), are all but forgotten until something tragic happens, and that in and of itself, is a tragedy.

I will never forget

8 Yrs. later and I still get upset about it. I didn't know anyone who died personally but that doesn't matter to me. That was a day that will always be remembered like Pearl Harbor. It brought a Nation together like I could never have imagined it could. I also wish we were still as United as the days after but still I know many who have fought since that day to get out Nation Free and I Salute all of them. Thank God we have this Country to live in and GOD BLESS US ALL!!!!

I sat on an Aircraft Carrier in New York Harbor....as our Air Wing fly OPS day and night....and now I fly.

**It's amazing how if I had posted this 7 years ago in remembrance, there would be hundreds of posts on this thread and thousands of views in just a few hours. In 24 hours there have been 10 posts.

Don't worry, the Military still carries the torch...and recognizes the lack of patriotism nowadays.;)

TREKER said:
I was working with the port authority only weekes before 9/11. I was in the north tower on a early summer morning for a meeting on the 86th floor. Not many people were around. I vividly remember walking to a window and just gazing out over the city. It was amazing and terrifying at the same time. I was on top of everything else I looked at and their was still 30 floors above me. A few days lager I started a new job out on long island and on 9/11 amidst all the horror, I thought about my few minutes alone on the 86fb floor. It took me two elevators to get to. The thought of being in that location on that morning still disturbs me. People who worked there for so many years now faced with the thought of dying there. I still shudder when I think about the horrors of that day. I still have so many questions that will never be answered. I still think about that space in the sky where I once stood high above the city.

Time passes, as time does. Time attempts to heal all wounds. I ironically ended up working for one of the 3 Construction companies contracted to actually do the clean up at ground zero. I was not there immediatly but did see the aftermath of that day. I will/can/would never forget that day. I knew a few people who worked in the north tower. Those I knew, got out. I wonder how many I passed in the hallways, rode in elevators with, said good morning to, took the train with, that never made it out. Lives lost instantly and those who suffered, families still mourning.

No, I will never forget 9/11.

That's haunting. I have been to the city but never went up into the buildings. I do remember how amazing it seemed to be on street level looking up at buildings so big. My biggest disapointment is not rebuilding the area as soon as possible to show our resilience. All we have shown the perpetrators is how much they have devastated us and the world for that matter.

KRAZYSRT10 said:
I sat on an Aircraft Carrier in New York Harbor....as our Air Wing fly OPS day and night....and now I fly.

**It's amazing how if I had posted this 7 years ago in remembrance, there would be hundreds of posts on this thread and thousands of views in just a few hours. In 24 hours there have been 10 posts.

Don't worry, the Military still carries the torch...and recognizes the lack of patriotism nowadays.;)
People dont care anymore:( they think where all safe and cozy again.
After 8 yrs I still cry everytime they ring the bell and start with the names.
What is even truly disgusting is ask a 6,7 or 8th grader what is pearl harbor and it is a sad fact maybe 5 out of 10 know. I pray for you guys still active everyday, especially now with the current admin, because when I was in after 8 months to a year after billy boy took over, our budgets where cut good men where forced out to make cuts, and MF's that should have never been promoted where becuase of politics not there capability of leading.

God Bless all my brothers and sisters still serving and protecting Us. Bring them home safely, and give them the courage and grace to fullfill there Duties.

You guys go take care of shit for us over there, we have your Backs here. Between 1-3 est watch fox news channel and see the awakining giant of Patriots who stood by silent for too many Years. May GOD bless the U.S.A not damn it like so many want. Semper Fi my brother from another mother:rock:

I remember that day..... I just finished my shift at the Houston Fire Dept. I went home and laid on the couch because I was tired from all the runs we made the day before, and my now wife was getting ready for work in our room and making alot of noise with blow dryers and what not. I drifted off into a light sleep and she came over to me and said, " Baby they bombed the World Trade Center" I looked up at her with one eye open and said " Again? " remembering the 1993 attack. I turned on the tv and saw the first tower on fire. I looked at my wife and said " No one should be in there, its coming down " With all the training I have had and all the experience I had aquired at that time I knew there was not one piece of outside equipment that could be used to fight that kind of fire except people. As I watched the two giants fall moments later, I knew our nation was in a state of terror. Then reports that the pentagon was hit by a plane, and another plane that the passengers veered off the terrorists course came in. We will always remember those who lost their lives that day, for me in particular the 343 FDNY's Bravest who responded to Box 5-5-8087 the World Trade Center, I proudly wear my FDNY shirt I got from Engine Co. 1 and Ladder Co. 24 each and every year on 9/11 in rememberance and to remind others to never forget. I also have a fallen heros flag hanging from the rafters of Station 75's apparatus bay dated 9/11/07. If any one would like one you can go to www.flagofheroes.org

Terrorism is soooo stupid, god continue please to bless the families of those affected by this tragedy , and bring justice...............amen

It's crazy that something bad has to happen to this country to bring out the patriotism and the unity. Pearl harbor, 9/11, and what's next? I thank all the Men and women of the Armed forces, the police, Fire Departments and the people that are regular citizens that have helped. This is truely a great country. Now if only we had a better government.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back