I Wonder If this Could be Done to an SRT10?

Prof

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1936Ford4.jpg

Stainless Steel '36 Ford...

stainless

ya sure why not,provividing the funds are available,which by the way they are not:D hope you are doing well PROF:rock:

Life is good...but the weather will soon turn my truck into a garage queen for the winter!

I thought it's been a garage queen all summer

It does spend a lot of time under a cover and in the garage...but it is about to turn over 33k...maybe a lot of those miles were just tire "slippage":dontknow: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

A lot of the guys with the Kirkham aluminum bodied Cobra's leave them unpainted. Some are brushed finish, and some are polished. Not what I would do, but they do look nice.

In another thread Matt was talking about a carbon fiber bed for his truck...but Jerry mentioned acid milling the existing bed...is aluminum another possibility? Someone needs to go a cost/weight/strength matrix so we could evaluate the possibilities...

Any body shops out there that could do this? Stinker...maybe would enjoy doing this...since Kevin has left us without an inventor in our crew....

Prof said:
In another thread Matt was talking about a carbon fiber bed for his truck...but Jerry mentioned acid milling the existing bed...is aluminum another possibility? Someone needs to go a cost/weight/strength matrix so we could evaluate the possibilities...

Any body shops out there that could do this? Stinker...maybe would enjoy doing this...since Kevin has left us without an inventor in our crew....
Roy I think the cost of an all aluminum bed would be astronomical.

Bill.

Prof you do know that they have a special type of paint that went layed down thru a special process It looks like chrome...We had an M3 that came into the shop like that once. Really something else

I'm going to do a seach...I might want to do a few parts...maybe the under carriage that way...

If I can get about 10 more days like today in the stock market...I will chrome the entire truck...:rock: :rock: :rock:

Prof said:
I'm going to do a seach...I might want to do a few parts...maybe the under carriage that way...

If I can get about 10 more days like today in the stock market...I will chrome the entire truck...:rock: :rock: :rock:

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/mirrachrome/mirrachrome.htm

My buddy Brian has used this and it looks EXACTLY like chrome, when prepped correctly. :)

But, it's $1300/gal! :eek:

P1030207_L.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back