IAC?

chaynick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I need some help. After installing a 2nd gen Venom TB the engine revs up and down for about a minute or so when its cold. I think I've had that before too but it was long time ago and it fixed itself (LOL). Should I replace IAC motor or is it something else? The battery was disconnected for TB installation. Thanks

It's your TPS not reading correct voltage due to set screw needing adjusting to match preset idle voltage in PCM. Use a voltmeter and get voltage to around .70-.75 when throttle blade is closed. Being that TB could let more air bypass the closed blade it could have too high an IAC count, but that's a different process.

It's your TPS not reading correct voltage due to set screw needing adjusting to match preset idle voltage in PCM. Use a voltmeter and get voltage to around .70-.75 when throttle blade is closed. Being that TB could let more air bypass the closed blade it could have too high an IAC count, but that's a different process.

How do you adjust voltage

Thanks brother. By the way, I finally managed to install your UD pulley and I love it. Thanks again.

ok, so it took me a while to go back to that issue...
Started with TPS replacing (just in case) - it did not help
Engine still revs up and down when cold. I checked the TPS voltage and it was .43
To increase it to around .71 I've had to turn the set screw almost all the way up but I gave it a shot. Now I have .71 on closed blades and around 4.3 on open. The idle is higher than before but steady (750-800) but when I drive and the engine is hot it seems like throttle is sticking at 1000-1200 for a while and then go back to 800-850 RPM. Is this normal? What am I doing wrong? HELP PLEASE!
Obviously I'm not as smart as I thought

Last edited:
Remove the IAC and check to see if it moves freely and if the cone that seats in the intake is clean. Also clean in the intake where it seats. If it doesn't move freely you may want to replace it, is it still the original one???

Yes it is the original IAC. I've cleaned it up and was trying to move it. It was fairly easy to push the cone in but I've had to wobble and pull it hard to move it up. Is it normal or i should just order a new one?

OK, I really need some help with this issue. I think I've done as much as I possibly could to fix it. Cleaned IAC, set the voltage on TPS to .72 and everything was fine(kind of) 'till this morning. Cold start and the engine revs up and down again. Is this the end of my IAC valve? If so, what's the part number and where should I buy it without paying $200 for it. Please help!

Actually if yours is original the Mopar part# should be on it, check it against that one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back