IAT Mod

Marc T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was all ready to perform this mod but I can't get the clip to seperate from sensor! I opened the Locking Red clip and it still won't come off??

Anyone got any tricks??

I am afraid to pull it too hard and damage it, the sensor is placed directly into the filter on the Roe SC setup, I tried to remove the whole thing but it is in there tight!!

It's always the little things that hold me up??:confused: :dontknow:

Marc T said:
Well I was all ready to perform this mod but I can't get the clip to seperate from sensor! I opened the Locking Red clip and it still won't come off??

Anyone got any tricks??

I am afraid to pull it too hard and damage it, the sensor is placed directly into the filter on the Roe SC setup, I tried to remove the whole thing but it is in there tight!!

I did it right in the truck. Just cut and splice right in . takes 2 Min.

Marc T said:

Anyone got any tricks??

there is a tab you still need to press down on

I did it today. It was pretty simple. I noticed no difference, but it is fairly cool here now (high of low 50's).

tinygiants said:
I did it today. It was pretty simple. I noticed no difference, but it is fairly cool here now (high of low 50's).

Yea, I am curious as to what happens when you have cold air already, say 40 degrees outside, with the 5 ohm resisitor Sean says it will lower the reading about 20 degrees, does that mean the computer will think it's 20 degree air comming in??

It drops it less when colder and more when hotter.
The sensor voltage output is not linear.

Marc T said:
Yea, I am curious as to what happens when you have cold air already, say 40 degrees outside, with the 5 ohm resisitor Sean says it will lower the reading about 20 degrees, does that mean the computer will think it's 20 degree air comming in??

The resistor "tricks" the PCM into thinking the incoming air is always "50" degrees. (I used this temp for explanation purposes only) Whether it's 100 degrees or 20 degrees outside, with the resistor installed, the PCM is gonna add/pull timing like the intake air temp is 50 degrees.

Last edited:
Increases timing for better performance . . . This helps the Roe guys out alot because of the heatsoak. The intake pieces stay so hot that even IF the intake air cool(er).

i ordered a 5 pack this morning, will let you know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back