Idle Speed

Way too low I think. Mine idles at about 600, and I think it should be at 750, it will stumble off the line if you don't add some throttle before engaging the clutch...I am told that you have to change idle speed in the pcm...not even the VEC program will alter it.

If anyone knows what to do to increase the idle speed I would love to hear the solution.

Roy

theres a set screw on the tb. you need a tamper proof torx bit. turn it clockwise to raise, counter clockwiae lowers but if you go too far, the tb sticks. i have a very special setup on mine that allows me to get a low idle. it will idle at 250 if i choose. as far as stumbling off idle, mine is better now than stock ever was. throttle response is 200 times greater by far.

thanks for the help guys!! Mine idles at around 600-700 I was just making sure it was in the ball park.

that's fine

The butterfly angle/opening does not set the idle speed.

The idle speed is controled by the idle air bypass valve.

The angle/opening of the butterfly determins the TPS setting. This being the case the butterfly angle/opening needs to be set while reading TPS voltage through the PCM, via ALDL (assembly line diagnostic port)(plug under the dash).

Then the pcm is the only way to adjust idle rpm?

I can read the rpm from the OBD II port, but I presume that I do not have the ability to adjust...can a dealer do it?

Thanks for the input Jack.

FSTJACK said:
The butterfly angle/opening does not set the idle speed.

The idle speed is controled by the idle air bypass valve.

The angle/opening of the butterfly determins the TPS setting. This being the case the butterfly angle/opening needs to be set while reading TPS voltage through the PCM, via ALDL (assembly line diagnostic port)(plug under the dash).
sorry i forgot to mention that i removed my IAC when i did this. my apologies

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back