Idle surging when in gear

morgans

Reaction score
I got a 2005 quad cad viper 8.3liter , seems to have a idle problem, surges when in gear. Also some hesitation when strain put on engine.

Anybody have this problem .any suggestions on what may be causing this?

Thanks
Morgan

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, i will have someone check the tps. Mechanic at Dodge garage say I should get a programmer to adjust for the mods. I have cold air intake, headers with cats removed and larger mass air flow...

I had engine light on but has went off past month before I stored it October. Put scanner on truck and showed large evap leak.

Thanks for your reply, i will have someone check the tps. Mechanic at Dodge garage say I should get a programmer to adjust for the mods. I have cold air intake, headers with cats removed and larger mass air flow...

I had engine light on but has went off past month before I stored it October. Put scanner on truck and showed large evap leak.

These trucks do not have a mass air flow set up.

In Florida now for the winter the truck is stored back in Newfoundland. Wanted to buy the best programmer or tuner for the truck while I am in the US.

What do anyone recommend?

I got For Sale a 3" G Force lowering kit with cal track suspension for 2005 Quad cab if anyone knows of anyone interested.
Location Newfoundland Canada.

Yea but if your mostly stock or with a few bolt ons the sct is fine. If you plan on a fully built motor and turbos I would go with aem. Unleashed tunning is in Florida. Contact torrie. The new sct is 400 i think with unlimited tunes.

Thanks for the info I will contact them tomorrow and tell him what I have done. I guess he will be able to hook me up with the best option based on that.

Thanks

Clean out the iac, replace the tps and reset the pcm. Should fix the problem.

Im new to this, can you explain what iac and tps are. Sorry if its a dumb question. Also, how to reset the pcm. I know on my 13 challanger, you pull the #2 fuse. Is it the same on these trucks? (05 quad)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back