If you've changed your headlights...

If you have removed all 3 bolts, grab the headlight from both sides and give it a swift yank towards you. The clip will release, it just requires a little muscle to get it free.

These three bolts. Don't forget to place a towel on the bumper under the headlight or you'll scratch it.
headlight.jpg

Once the bolts are out just gently pull straight out on the headlight assembly.

It should just pop out all together. I got fustrated trying to get the clip also.

Then just pop back in with new assembly. I did the bulbs earlier so i have no idea if the bulb wires give you enough room to take out the whole assembly or how far the wire loom allows.

Kevin

:idea: For ease of operation I usually remove the three bolts right in front of the front tires to losen the bumber a bit as it lowers some making it easy to remove that one last lone bolt holding in the headlight. Extention, socket and 1/4 inch air rachet did the trick. I think the bolt is a 7/16th socket. I could be wrong though.:dontknow: But don't forget to protect the part of the bumper under the headlight. It WILL scratch. The wire harness is long enough to give you room to work. The 9007 bulbs are easy to remove and replace. But it's another story if you have to change to completely different head lights when rewiring and different bulbs are involved.

Last edited:
Thanks again to everyone who posted up...We finally got them in last night. That passenger clip was a stuck bastard, but it finally came loose. The new headlights look BADASS!:rock:

Justanotherdodge said:
Thanks again to everyone who posted up...We finally got them in last night. That passenger clip was a stuck bastard, but it finally came loose. The new headlights look BADASS!:rock:

You know the drill...where's the damn pictures!!!???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back