Ignition upgrade

pokeytemplar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if these would work on our 10's? Anyone have any input?
Here is the 6-tower:
140035.jpg

and here is the 4-tower:
140018.jpg

i bet not also to. ford????????????

might want to drop MSD an e-mail. i been doin it last 3 years pretty regular.

Both systems are wasted spark and they have the same pin-out. Only difference might be the peak output.

Why would being designed for ford matter? I tried MSD and they don't offer a 6-tower only 4-towers? I mean ours are the same as the one used in Mitsubishi's.

Last edited:
pokeytemplar said:
Why would being designed for ford matter? I tried MSD and they don't offer a 6-tower only 4-towers? I mean ours are the same as the one used in Mitsubishi's.

im glad i dont have spark plugs:p :p

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
But ya wish ya had a 10 LOL.

yea....that i do, maybe after i get my house, it's going to be my first mod:D :D somethings gotta fill that garage:p

Honestly, I don't think it would be that difficult to make up some harness adapters and run 10 single COP-style coils. Just need a place to put 'em.;)

Ram From Hell said:
Honestly, I don't think it would be that difficult to make up some harness adapters and run 10 single COP-style coils. Just need a place to put 'em.;)

Now that would be interesting........:D

we really need a good igntion upgrade, thats the only thing were lacking. let us know what you find out robert.

I tried getting in touch with accel today but called too late. No reason it shouldn't work. Just need the two coil packs and some custom wires to match. Too bad my build is long way off from spark plugs though or I would have already tried it!

Robert, please let us know as soon as you talk to them. I have three to four weeks before my motor goes back in. Thanks.

Yes they can work. Need custom plug wires made with one end that will fit the ford and the other that will fit your spark plugs. (Who knows that guy that makes the really nice replacement ones?) I don't have any of the SRT-10 coils (mine are the old round pin connector style from the Magnum V-10). Look at the connector that goes into the wiring harness if the pins are flat then you should be set. I am going to try and get to town over the next couple of days to make sure the harness plugs are the same. The only other issue that "might" exist would be a plate made to adapt the ford bolt pattern to the mitsubishi's (I mean dodge).......

Honestly I don't think it's really needed. There are more than a few 1000hp+ Vipers and trucks running around with stock ignition coils and no issues. On a big build better electronics should be a much higher priority... AEM, BigStuff, etc.

I believe most of us are still running stock ignition coils because we have no choice!

I am always searching for better parts/options for the 10's. As we all painfully know there aren't many aftermarket parts. 10-15% more spark energy for $120 (for both) to me is a good deal. I think this would give the sub-1000HP sub-$50,000+ build guys a viable option when it comes time for them to be replaced. I am trying to get accel to build one specifically for the V-6 Dodges/Mitsubishi's so the custom spark plug cables wouldn't be needed. With the current economy I doubt it will happen.

seems like one of them would grab this niche of engines, of course Gen 3 preffered.

from day one all the cars, our trucks, marine, etc. there seems like there would be a demand for better coils.
like i said been droppin e-mails to MSD, 2 to 3 times a year. maybe if we have an MSD e-mail blitz something might get goin in 2 or 3 years

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back