Im cursed....I swear!!!! Suncoast

Blakewilder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the ongoing SAGA of Blake is continuing. My truck is up and running as some of you may know. Well, today I get the call that the BRAND NEW Suncoast transmission is slipping on the 2-3 shift badly. Its not so bad I guess, since Im getting a new tranny AGAIN and they have developed a NEW Ultralite TQ converter thats 15 lbs lighter than the 48 lb converter that I have. So, they are pulling my tranny and shipping it back to Suncoast and they are sending me a new tranny with the updated valve body and the new Ultralite verter.....In addition to these updates they are installing heavier duty clutchpaks and stronger bands.

So, in a bad situation they have at least tried to lessen the pain by giving me a better transmission than what I had AT NO CHARGE.:rock: ....and they are sending the new tranny to me AHEAD of me sending mine back. This is the kind of service that deserves some applause:congrats: .....especially after the fiasco I had with the RAMZILLA aka SUCKZILLA:thefinger: :shot: , of whom wanted me to send my tranny back to them and they would TRY to get it back to me within 8 weeks!!!! So, hopefully by Friday I will be back up and running.

Blakewilder said:
Well, the ongoing SAGA of Blake is continuing. My truck is up and running as some of you may know. Well, today I get the call that the BRAND NEW Suncoast transmission is slipping on the 2-3 shift badly. Its not so bad I guess, since Im getting a new tranny AGAIN and they have developed a NEW Ultralite TQ converter thats 15 lbs lighter than the 48 lb converter that I have. So, they are pulling my tranny and shipping it back to Suncoast and they are sending me a new tranny with the updated valve body and the new Ultralite verter.....In addition to these updates they are installing heavier duty clutchpaks and stronger bands.

So, in a bad situation they have at least tried to lessen the pain by giving me a better transmission than what I had AT NO CHARGE.:rock: ....and they are sending the new tranny to me AHEAD of me sending mine back. This is the kind of service that deserves some applause:congrats: .....especially after the fiasco I had with the RAMZILLA aka SUCKZILLA:thefinger: :shot: , of whom wanted me to send my tranny back to them and they would TRY to get it back to me within 8 weeks!!!! So, hopefully by Friday I will be back up and running.

That's the exact same thing that happen to me with my stock tranny...

FlyingLow said:
You have a truck, when did this happen?

They just call in the middle of the night and make broom broom noises... :p

What was the suncoast transmission rated for horsepower? Maybe you are pushing out to much?

Will

Up to 1500 hp......But now Joe claims that it will be even stronger. There has always been a problem with the Suncoast trannies hitting the rev limiter before they shift....Mine has a flare up on the 2-3 shift and then it grabs real hard...I dunno, but I am getting a new one this time....with a 33 lb TQ converter now....down from a 48 lb 'er that was down from an 80 ish lb'er.....Now if the bitch will just RUN!!!!!!!

Dont wanna speak too soon but the initial runs were looking very positive....just gotta work out these bugs..

Damn Blake, it's got to be killing you to just keep running into these issues. I would have probably been locked up by now for choking the hell out of somebody.

The goodnews is, it is a short delay. The free updates are an awesome bonus. At least there seems to be more steps forward then back now.

Joe Webb builds a bad azz trans. Do you have a loc up converter? How many discs? I have Joe's Full option sheet Billet trans with the 5-disc converter, in my duallie and when it locks-:rock: :burnout:

Could be a lot worse as you already know. At least nothing blew up and your not out any more money. It will be worth it in the end...I promise!!

Damn Blake, I just don't think it is possible for you to have any worse luck. I may just have to schedule a trip to West Palm to visit my grandkids...and see you do your first burnout in....what....over a year now???

HaulinAsp said:
Joe Webb builds a bad azz trans. Do you have a loc up converter? How many discs? I have Joe's Full option sheet Billet trans with the 5-disc converter, in my duallie and when it locks-:rock: :burnout:

Modded diesels generally have more torque at 1100 rpm's than these things do at the top of our torque curve. We don't need heavy 5 disk converters.

I had diesels (90, 93, and 99 Dodges) up until I bought this beast so I know those animals also.:D

I had the lightweight billet Tq converter....now I have the ULTRA lite...coming in at a mere 33lbs...as opposed to 48 for the lightweight and 80 lbs for the stocker....retained the 2800 stall speed but she should rev like a sumbitch now.....

Sorry to hear about all of this BS Blake....

Boy, you big power modders just seem to go thru hell with these motors.....

I hope you iron this shit out bro......it sux....

SD

Blakewilder said:
I had the lightweight billet Tq converter....now I have the ULTRA lite...coming in at a mere 33lbs...as opposed to 48 for the lightweight and 80 lbs for the stocker....retained the 2800 stall speed but she should rev like a sumbitch now.....

Blake....you have to be careful here with this 33lb 'verter....it may spool faster than the tranny can shift....and you will bounce off the limiter....:( ...have your guys be prepared for this...

Blakewilder said:
Yeah...Im not too worried about this one cuz honestly...I had a feelin somethin was up with that tranny. It was just inconsistent.

ok ok...you guessed it, ill fess-up.....I paid them :dontknow: :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back