Immigration Curiosity

Furyous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a thread about illegal immigration being locked after someone made the comment "nuke the illegals"

While I in no way condone any type of physical punishment for illegal immigration, I was curious as to why the thread was locked.

If I were to say "nuke the KKK' or "Nuke the French" would that thread also be locked?

This started me thinking, what are the general feelings about illegal immigration? I would have posted an anonymous poll just so people could post a pro/con on the issue.

Being married to a legal immigrant (now naturalized citizen) and having at least half our friends being legal immigrants (or naturalized citizens). I know of no one who thinks all the people who bypassed the laws to get here should be rewarded with a "free pass"

I don't want to start an argument, I would just like to see a simple poll on your position on giving the people who came here illegally a "free pass".

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would honestly like to know yours. I do not want to change your mind, I would just like an honest count of "yea" or "nay" votes to see.

Yea = Free legal pass (with or without fines / temporary visa up to full amnesty)

Nay = No free pass (no deportation [let them stay but better border control] up to full scale raids of businesses known to hire illegal immigrants)

Please no arguments to cause the thread to be closed. Let's just see what percentage there is of each side.

I personally feel only legal immigrants hold be allowed to stay. We should not reward people for breaking the law.

Bill.

Yea. Except for those with criminal records and on welfare.

I personally do not blame illegal immigrants for taking what our government is offering them. They are just looking for a better life for themselves.
Why do we blame them when we should look in the mirror and blame ourselves for putting people in the position to make those rules that they take advantange of.

UNIBOY said:
I personally do not blame illegal immigrants for taking what our government is offering them. They are just looking for a better life for themselves.
Why do we blame them when we should look in the mirror and blame ourselves for putting people in the position to make those rules that they take advantange of.

Nice way to look at it. It is two things for me.
1. Why are the laws not enforced more and equally. Try to sneak in from a middle eastern country and the govt will hunt you down. Why is it not the same for Mexico?
2. The mind set of illegals about what they are entitled too. It appears to be that they want want want. They appear to demand everything.

But my vote is Nay.

Please don't quote or reply to something someone else has posted. It gives the impression you are "calling him/her out".

Posting your opinion shouldn't be as confrontational. (I hope) :p

I would like to keep this thread open :)

Illegal immigration is a problem and an well illegal and needs to be addressed; However as it relates to posts on this forum there are other factors at play.

1) Jokes that say "2 illegal immigrants walk into a bar" is generally non offensive...a joke that starts" Juan and Carlos walk into a bar" is racist...

2) As a rule illegals pump MORE money into the economy than they take from it....A LOT more that is why enforcement is soft...economic arguements against illegals....hospitals, schools etc...are poor arguements for this reason

3) Advocates against illegal immigration and their accurate points are weakened daily by racists who use immigration as a cover for their hatred...

4) If you want to slow illegal immigration create a legal pathway that makes sense....

Furyous said:
I noticed a thread about illegal immigration being locked after someone made the comment "nuke the illegals"

While I in no way condone any type of physical punishment for illegal immigration, I was curious as to why the thread was locked.

If I were to say "nuke the KKK' or "Nuke the French" would that thread also be locked?

This started me thinking, what are the general feelings about illegal immigration? I would have posted an anonymous poll just so people could post a pro/con on the issue.

Being married to a legal immigrant (now naturalized citizen) and having at least half our friends being legal immigrants (or naturalized citizens). I know of no one who thinks all the people who bypassed the laws to get here should be rewarded with a "free pass"

I don't want to start an argument, I would just like to see a simple poll on your position on giving the people who came here illegally a "free pass".

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would honestly like to know yours. I do not want to change your mind, I would just like an honest count of "yea" or "nay" votes to see.

Yea = Free legal pass (with or without fines / temporary visa up to full amnesty)

Nay = No free pass (no deportation [let them stay but better border control] up to full scale raids of businesses known to hire illegal immigrants)

Please no arguments to cause the thread to be closed. Let's just see what percentage there is of each side.

Nuke the Homos! Just Kidding:rock:

The reason that other thread was locked down is that everytime this issue comes up it goes bad. I'm sure that it will only be a matter of time before it happens with this thread.

My opinion is if you are going to make laws, then enforce them. If you have no intention of enforcing them, then don't make them.

Silverback said:
The reason that other thread was locked down is that everytime this issue comes up it goes bad. I'm sure that it will only be a matter of time before it happens with this thread.

My opinion is if you are going to make laws, then enforce them. If you have no intention of enforcing them, then don't make them.
My feelings also,Illegal Means against the law.

J.R.

Silverback said:

Silver I fully agree. This is why the system needs a overhaul.

I believe if this country benefited from a illegal immigrant, he or she should get a "free pass" even though it is as free as something redeemed with your credit card points.:D

This is not about illegal immigration. This is about demographics. The last census pointed to 70% of minorities kids under age five are hispanics. At the rate that the hispanic population is growing, by 2050 they would become the majority.

Fear of change....That is what this is all about......

We all should have to abide by the same laws and regulations.

You might think being on an island 2500 miles from the mainland we would be a little far for the illegals to get to.....and a bit too expensive. No way, in the 19 years I have lived here, it has gone from little to no illegals to thousands and thousands from Mexico. There are tons of jobs here and no people to fill them. If they deported all the illegals, I think 80% of the restaurants would not be able to open for business.

The govnt. needs to fix the laws to where they are enforceable and enforce them. You just cant ignore the issue.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back