in a ford mag

kidhemi77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today i picked up ford truck performance magazine just to see what is goin on in the world of ford . they this new f-150 with just a kenne bell supercharger at 16 pounds of boost that creates 700 ponies . it says this is kenne bells answer to the srt-10 . what i would like to know is has there been an srt-10 at that level of boost ? or would #3 blow up ? yet it is a sweet lookin truck its not a ford production model its a guideline for makin an srt-10 killa . so why cant the srts or hemi's for the matter make outragous power as well ? i have read a lil bit about how the paxon and the sts are in the 7-9 psi range so why can it not be turned up to 14 or say 16 .
is it that the compression is high or the pistons can not take it ? i know the pistons are diff from the gen 1 and 2 . also dose it have to do with the main air induction ? i know kenne bell makes good superchargers and they have been working on the hemi's 5.7 and 6.1 for a while now . yet all the furd cars get theres made sooner . what about the roe supercharger ? is that going to be big hp maker (i know it depends on the boost ) or will it too be a 7-9 psi and no more kinda thing .
i was just wondering about this topic so maybe one of the veteran car buffs could answer this .
thanks

I don't know about anyone else, but unless I get a wild hair up my keister to build my truck into a monstah, I'm keeping my power right where it is to preserve the longevity of my engine.

I guess it's all part of my restrained and conservative nature...... Ha....!

SD

Last time a boost-related question came up, a few of us did our best to answer, only to be told that we were all basically wrong. Though, I never remember that poster explaining why we were wrong.:confused: :dontknow:

So, I'll just leave my 2 cents by saying I severely doubt any STOCK Ford truck engine is going to last very long at those power levels without problems.(Unless it's in a Ford magazine of course;) )

Agreed w/ hamr,

I also don't think that ford will come up with it from the factory (without being a special edition ex: rouse) w/ 700hp

another 'magazine demo' :D

THe people with Paxtons answers your question. I am sure the F-150 number is crank and not RWHP. The paxton guys, along with exhaust are putting down 620-670 rwhp, well over 700 crank HP.

When they build a production truck to out does the SRT10 they can have the title. What is done aftermarket does not matter. I could build a Chevette that would be fast as all get out, but it does not detrown any cars.

thanks for the feed back dose anyone know when roe is comin out with their s/c

Been a long time coming...I go down there every month or so, and asked for a dyno date yesterday, but they are booked solid...have seen lots of progress but they are still fabricating. Saw Sean spend lots of time on the top mount sc but it is not a production prototype yet.

Hurry Sean, you need to get it done before I move to Illinois!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back