Independent Fuel Systems

Viper Beau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping some of you guys could enlighten me on the benefits of running an independent fuel system. I will be installing my nitrous kit, progressive controller, and have Torrie personally tune it. Just wanted to understand more clearly the octane ratings. Trying to decide wheter or not to run a small independent fuel system with race gas on my wet shot system. Any problems mixing octanes in the chamber? Thanks in advance for any info

Depends on how much your going to spray vs. how much you want to spend. Typical 150whp setup it is not worth the cost IMO, 250+whp (built motor) then it becomes much more attractive.
Justin

If you do opt for a standalone system for fuel enrichment, it would be a good idea to run unleaded race gas. Leaded fuel will eventually ruin the factory O2 sensors. Unless you're running a really big kit, you probably won't see much benefit (if any) with race gas over 91/92 octane fuel anyway.

I only plan on running a max of 150 shot as I am on stock internals and somewhat nervous about that. In Florida they have 93 octane so it sides like I won't need a standalone. Thanks for the info guys

Viper Beau said:
I was hoping some of you guys could enlighten me on the benefits of running an independent fuel system. I will be installing my nitrous kit, progressive controller, and have Torrie personally tune it. Just wanted to understand more clearly the octane ratings. Trying to decide wheter or not to run a small independent fuel system with race gas on my wet shot system. Any problems mixing octanes in the chamber? Thanks in advance for any info

What progressive controller are you using?

You won't need to utilize a dedicated fuel system for only a 150 hit of N2O. Unless of course you have a significant amount of mods including nitrous.

It never hurts to mix a very small amount of higher octane fuel if your planing a big night out of racing. Most octanes will mix fine although stay away from leaded fuels. Good luck!

I am retired from the fuel injection and carb business as an owner.

I have seen a few motors toasted because of inadequate fuel systems.

That is just me, but even where there has not been any engine damage I have seen a lack of consistency in operation and times at the track.

This was due to marginal fuel systems.

I have a stand alone fuel system for the nitrous on the red truck.

I would listen to Justin as he has experiance with nitrous on his personal SRT-10 truck.

Always better to have too much fuel then too little fuel IMO. Either run a separate system or modify your stock system like I did in the viper.

As justin stated, 150 shot isn't much.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back