Indexed Iridiums are worth it!

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my cutouts removed i could hear a random but frequent thud, and although i have noticed no diminished performance, and felt no vibration, i decided to put new plugs in her.

All 10 were very clean but the center electrode was wore and the gaps were all .050-.055! I put 10k miles on her, and the truck i bought is all ive ever known. It felt strong to me! Didnt think to tune her up, it just had its 60k maintenance.

I went with ngk iridiums and bought 20 to have them indexed. (im the manager at the parts store, just returned the ones i couldnt use:rock: )

The rear driver side plugs werent as bad as i anticipated but still a pain none the less. TAKE THE FENDER LINERS OUT!

Is it better? JESUS! All this time i thought my truck was cam-ing . It was just running ragged. nah just kidding. Where i felt the need to downshift at low rpm before i dont now, it idles smoother, and sounds stonger at revs and gets there quicker, i smell less fuel in the exhaust.

But for the life of me i CANNOT figure out why i have less traction now! WTF! :rock:

Now i dont know if there is a noticable difference between champion coppers and ngk iridiums, but i know with my wore plugs, indexed iridiums make my truck feel like another ride.

JeffBoyette said:
With my cutouts removed i could hear a random but frequent thud, and although i have noticed no diminished performance, and felt no vibration, i decided to put new plugs in her.

All 10 were very clean but the center electrode was wore and the gaps were all .050-.055! I put 10k miles on her, and the truck i bought is all ive ever known. It felt strong to me! Didnt think to tune her up, it just had its 60k maintenance.

I went with ngk iridiums and bought 20 to have them indexed. (im the manager at the parts store, just returned the ones i couldnt use:rock: )

The rear driver side plugs werent as bad as i anticipated but still a pain none the less. TAKE THE FENDER LINERS OUT!

Is it better? JESUS! All this time i thought my truck was cam-ing . It was just running ragged. nah just kidding. Where i felt the need to downshift at low rpm before i dont now, it idles smoother, and sounds stonger at revs and gets there quicker, i smell less fuel in the exhaust.

But for the life of me i CANNOT figure out why i have less traction now! WTF! :rock:

Now i dont know if there is a noticable difference between champion coppers and ngk iridiums, but i know with my wore plugs, indexed iridiums make my truck feel like another ride.

Ive been running them for a month now and was able to notice a big differance, also works great with the NOS.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back