Inexpensive exhaust mods

I talked to him this afternoon! Debating on the rear or side exits. Can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i got Hooker Max flo mufflers 3in dumped before the diff. no cats, sounds like a big v8 i also installed them on my 97 2500 v10 ram and sounds mellow but deep.

06 RC..I took the muffler out, expanded 2 pipes to fit in its place...Left both cats and the resonator. Sounded just as good as any catback...I had plans of doing a full 3 inch but she went down the road first!!! No drone..would kinda pop and crack a lil, more if you wanted it to...lol. Some love the snap crackle pop..I have heard about some drone when doing this on a QC...

3-4 members heard it and might chime in!!

Last edited:
As bad as this truck sounds I'd be happier with no exhaust! I'm sold on the snakebites. Gonna do the side exits I think.

Def not gonna be cheap but thanks to watchuseek ( watch forum) I think I can fund it without my wife slitting my throat in my sleep! If now only I could part with some guns and ammo I may be able to do a cam and a tune... Love the lope! But I'm prepared for the zombies and/ or the possibly Clinton or Bernie getting nominated! Just kidding! [emoji849]

As bad as this truck sounds I'd be happier with no exhaust! I'm sold on the snakebites. Gonna do the side exits I think.

You want exhaust on there, trust me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Don't waste your money on the snakebites, they are 28$ mufflers he charges x5 for them...(not to mention the dude is a hack) Just find a good exhaust shop, they will hook ya up and it will only cost a few hundred.

You could juat call the custom muffler shop in Waco yourself...

But you might not get the snakebite exhaust hardware..
IMG_1312_zpszrlf3jv6.jpg

Last edited:
I know this sounds horrible but my setup is complete stock right now, and i just need a temporary fix

can i have a muffler shop just weld in a straight pipe instead of the mufflers and leave the cats/resonators/etc

it's just too soft, but can't throw $$ at it currently

I know this sounds horrible but my setup is complete stock right now, and i just need a temporary fix

can i have a muffler shop just weld in a straight pipe instead of the mufflers and leave the cats/resonators/etc

it's just too soft, but can't throw $$ at it currently

Where are you located?

i'm SW of Houston, TX

i'll get a full setup (headers/cats/etc) later on but for now just wanting a quick fix

if i order spintechs - do u get 2 singles or 1 double (9331/6331)

i'm SW of Houston, TX

i'll get a full setup (headers/cats/etc) later on but for now just wanting a quick fix

if i order spintechs - do u get 2 singles or 1 double (9331/6331)

Your going to want 2 singles one for each bank. Cut out the rear resonator. You should be happy with the sound afterwards.

ok thanks, i'll crawl under it to see what the resonator looks like

i'm leaning towards just straight pipe without the resonators
or putting in a cheap cherry bomb glass pack w or w/o the resonator

i know i sound pathetic/cheap but i'll come back to it

I would remove all cats if i were you. I did because i dont like them and i dont have emissions. You can buy spacers for your rear o2 sensors i got mine off ebay they take the sensor out of the exhaust never had a problem with mine. Not sure on the flowmasters i would say definitely on a v8 but not sure on a v10. I am running the snakebite mufflers and love the sound but its all on your preferences. I think there is a muffler sound thread might give you some ideas

You must not be from Kali .........

Hahahahaha

Remove the cats and for a muffler use a dual in and dual out single muffler or two single bullets. The single will deepen the tone. I have had both and the singles are more raspy. All and all once its loud you will be :D:D:D:D

Nope thank god i can do what i want to my truck and it wont get me in trouble well except for excessive speed

Ahh, I see where you're from now. Nice country up there.:D Stay outta trouble :p

Cant make any promises have a lead foot and never back down from a race unless my kids are in the car then grandma driving it is

thanks guys

going to grab 2 cheapy bullet mufflers and take out the resonator

leaving the cats for now, i can take them out later and plug the o2 fake bungs in

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back