Infinity Amp Adjustments?

cgperry

Reaction score
For the 06 QC, are there any adjustments on the amplifier like there would be on aftermarket equipment? I find the sub level in my truck to be low relative to the rest of the music, and turning up the bass control doesn't help since the frequency of that control must be above the crossover point for the sub.

Just looking to balance things a little better...

I havnt seen one when I looked around at it, But I know there is 2 amp. One is under the pass. side dashboard, and the other is between the seats (RC guys). Unless Im wrong, the only adjustments are on the radio itself.

Oh yeah....and welcome to the club!

-Red

someone a while back had mentioned a way to change the frequencies (set) based on the type of music ie ROCK,JAZZ etc. but i can't figure it out, any one know!

RedSrt007 said:
I havnt seen one when I looked around at it, But I know there is 2 amp. One is under the pass. side dashboard, and the other is between the seats (RC guys). Unless Im wrong, the only adjustments are on the radio itself.

Oh yeah....and welcome to the club!

-Red

I beleive the one under the dash is actualy a cross over, not an amp. And the amp is not adjustable.

I've heard of some people putting in some insulation into the sub enclosure to help it out. Makes a big difference they said. Just haven't gotten to it myself. I would give that a try and see if it helps.

Stretch

amoparman said:
I've heard of some people putting in some insulation into the sub enclosure to help it out. Makes a big difference they said. Just haven't gotten to it myself. I would give that a try and see if it helps.

Stretch
I read that too -- plan to look into that myself this weekend. I'm enjoying my new travelin' tunes - thanks to the SRT music thread!:D
Thanks guys!:D

cgperry said:
For the 06 QC, are there any adjustments on the amplifier like there would be on aftermarket equipment? I find the sub level in my truck to be low relative to the rest of the music, and turning up the bass control doesn't help since the frequency of that control must be above the crossover point for the sub.

Just looking to balance things a little better...

The first adjustment that I did to that little thing was the "AMP in TRASH CAN" MOD. :D

amoparman said:

Stretch
Help me with this concept...more info please...I am an audio virgin...

Prof said:
Help me with this concept...more info please...I am an audio virgin...

It is a little scientific. But, in short, it makes the sub "think" it is in a bigger box.

Polyester fill, the stuff they put in pillows, works well too. Not as itchy either. :S

Black1 said:
It is a little scientific. But, in short, it makes the sub "think" it is in a bigger box.

Polyester fill, the stuff they put in pillows, works well too. Not as itchy either. :S
Polyfill works well, so will putting some sound deading, ie Dynamat behind the enclosure.
As for adjusting the amp, can't. The DSP in there is only adjustable with a shark interface module and software which alone is $3k and impossible to obtain due to licensing agreements and pattend/copy right laws, we have one in the office that we use to tweek stuff from time to time which by the way has an amazing out come, the DSP in the truck is great.
I would try out the polyfill, you'll be suprised what a difference it can make. Upgrading the system of course opens so many doors but at the same time space it limited for sub enclosures, ie shallow subs required, smaller enclosures. The 2 10"s Kappa Perfect VQ's we installed hammer, of course they are in a ported enclosure which makes a 6+DB difference and they are being fed with 1200+ watts. It does sound fantastic. I should have pics of the install up on our website shortly. I have some on my PC if you'd I can email them, I've never been good at finding a place to host them to post on fourms.

Last edited:
I decided tonight to do a little investigation.. and correctly stated no adjustments for the amp/dsp.

So I decided to yank the 10 inch sub to see what I had to work with. Found that the stock sub was a dual voice coil.. and lying around the house here was a brand spanking new Alpine Type R 10inch 1024 (DVC) sub.... with a little bit of handyman work, an air angle grinder, air sander, and about 2 hours of time.. I replaced the stock sub with the Alpine.

Then filled the box with polyfill, and tried it out... could use a bit more power, but now the sub bass is much more clear, and less "twangy" sounding.

So I might replace the stock amp with one of my Alpine MRD-300 Monos, and that should do the trick.

The only thing I was unable to use was the stock grille.. but its under the seat with still over an inch of clearance.. so felt it was not really needed.

what would be a good replacement sub woofer speaker? (without mods to box?) does being a dual voice coil limit my options?:dontknow:

SANCHOBA said:
what would be a good replacement sub woofer speaker? (without mods to box?) does being a dual voice coil limit my options?:dontknow:
DVC is just a way to change the impedance of the woofer to match amp powering it, typically most amps will give twice the power at 2ohm than 4ohm, but you need to be careful as many amps are not 1ohm stable and keep in mind that with increased power is the chance of increased distortion. What is the depth of the OEM enclosure? The new Kappa woofers are sweet, adjustable Impedance switch so you can run an SVC and choose the proper impedance and they are very shallow, 10" mounting depth is under 5"(can't remember exactly but maybe 4 3/4"?) 12" is 5". They also use Neodyn mags so they are quite light and efficent, bottom line is they make a lot of bass with less power and in a small enclosure. The other thing to find out is the size of the OEM enclosure as box size is extremely important to subwoofer performance.

SANCHOBA said:

The bottom of the stock box was easy to modify, there is a small about 2 inch or so stand off at the bottom, that really has nothing to do with the integrity of the box... I wish I would have taken pictures of what I did.

I then took the factory spacer, and cut off the standoffs and used that to lift the new sub about another half inch, then using some weather sealer tape, I sealed the bottom of the sub mounting ring, and the bottom of the spacer ring, this gave me roughly another 3/8" clearance (did not really need it).

If I ever have to go back to stock, all I have to do is buy another spacer ring from dodge put stock sub back in.

All mods to the box were internal, and are not able to be seen.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back