injectors not spraying

sparksftball69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm grasping anything i can now. I've tried the other forums and i'm no closer then before i started i think. This is for my 06 Jeep GCSRT8. long story short...the old 6.1l is out and the the new 426 is in, i'm using the same sensors, injectors etc just new long block. I have spark, I have 58-60lbs of fuel pressure, i have fuel in the rails, i've pulled the fuel rails and injectors and tried to crank it over and i'm getting no fuel spraying out. I have all the grounds connected from what i think (2 passanger side head, 2 driver side head, engine block driver side). I've tried 3 dif tunes and i'm still getting nothing. i dropped a little fuel down the injector ports of the manifold and it tried to fire right up. So i know its a fuel issue. i've looked at all the fuses in the engine compartment and they look good. I tried a Noid Light test and i got nothing. I'm horrible with a multimeter but willing to listen. I think it could be a bad ground, or maybe the TPS is off. Holding down the gas pedal at startup turns off fuel so i'm maybe thinking that somehtings reading the pedal being pressed. I've plugged in my trinity (which i was using a predator prior to the new motor) and at crank i was reading just under 90 RPM's so i think that the crankshaft position sensor is good....Am i missing one or has anyone run into this before? I am open to all suggestions...

have ya checked your cam and or crank sensor???

might be gettin a signal,tellin the puter no fuel cause it can't find #1

I'm getting a around 90RPM's at startup on my trinity and my tach so i'm assuming that the crankshaft sensor is good...

seems to me since not a one is sprayin that she's not gettin a signal to fire them.

wild ass guess, can ya put the cam plug on the crank & visey versey???

she throwin any codes???

i haven't gotten one code...and the cam position sensor is hooked in at the timing cover...when i transferred it over i just took the entire timing cover and moved it to the new motor...the Crankshaft sensor is reading so i'm thinking its good...i know they're only about 20-30 bucks but i'd like to try and narrow it down...

actually the only code i've gotten so far was for the IAT but thats cuz the sensor wasn't hooded up in the bottom of the after cooler

actually the only code i've gotten so far was for the IAT but thats cuz the sensor wasn't hooded up in the bottom of the after cooler

Try plugging that in because it can the issue. Otherwise grounds like you've checked, and crank/cam sensors. You have fuel pressure at rail I assume?

yes i have a my fuel pressure gauge that reads from right above the rail...i have around 58PSI. The IAT sensor is plugged in...others were saying it could be the PCM...but nothing has chaged to make it be that...i know they can go out here and there for various reasons but i'm just not seeing why it would have...i'm buying new sensors right after work then i'm going to see after that...i do have a aftermarket TB that i installed but i pulled that and tried the oem one first and had the same issue...i went from a predator tuner to the trinity as well...

yes i have a my fuel pressure gauge that reads from right above the rail...i have around 58PSI. The IAT sensor is plugged in...others were saying it could be the PCM...but nothing has chaged to make it be that...i know they can go out here and there for various reasons but i'm just not seeing why it would have...i'm buying new sensors right after work then i'm going to see after that...i do have a aftermarket TB that i installed but i pulled that and tried the oem one first and had the same issue...i went from a predator tuner to the trinity as well...

Are you clocking the TPS correctly after install into TB ?

No cut/pinched harnesses?

I know this probably wont help, but I had a customer the other day with a 6.4 challenger and he said he put a tune in his car and it wouldnt start. Something to do with the tune eliminated something and it took like 1 or 2 months for the tuner manufacture to get a different tune and it fired right up. I wish I could remember what tuner he was using. :(

what do you mean clocking the TB???i'm about to just put the OEM one back on just to be safe

what do you mean clocking the TB???i'm about to just put the OEM one back on just to be safe

The Throttle Position Sensor has to be preloaded to set idle voltage. Not sure it's like that on that engine but likely so. The sensor would be installed counter clockwise, then rotated clockwise to preload to correct voltage basically.

Are you getting any spark? Some cam/crank sensors will kill both spark and fuel...

Sorry re-read the original posting and you do have spark..

i tried new crank/cam sensors today...new relays, new fuses...IDK what to do anymore. Should i jsut bite the bullet and take it to the dealership and see if they can't find it...My wife comes here for a few days at the end of the month then shes taking my BMW back to NC so she has a more reliable car...i need to get this done before she has to leave or i'm F'kd. If anyone has anymore ideas or knows of anyone in the central tx area that is really good at problems like this i'd really appreciate it.

should i just try and get the entire harness out and check and see if theres a crack or something somewhere...I've learned i'm horrible and dont really know how to use a multimeter for sure...

man, i'm leanin toward cam sensor prob.

lets go back when you were buildin the short block.

ya said that ya took the front cover off the old engine & put it on the new one, correct???

did ya have to swap the chopper wheel off the old cam & install it on the new cam???

well i did find my answer to the cam/crank plug bein swapped. ain't happenin.

crank/rpm sensor comes off the back. wonder if its the right crank chopper wheel??

Last edited:
yeah that was already installed...and i switched both the cam and crankshaft sensor today...still the same outcome

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back