Input Please..

Riff62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking at some trucks yesterday..not really planning on making a change, but a guy near me has a RC Night Runner with 210 miles on it for 37,900. He also has a 05 Red RC with 6600 miles for 31,000. This one has some minor mods like Volant CAI, Tinted windows, etc..When I talked to the guy, he wasnt interested in my 04 Black truck with 21500 miles o it..too many miles he said..By the time I left, he had changed his mind..
Anyway, If I trade my truck for the red 05, my payments would work out alittle less, I would have a truck with 1/3 the miles of my current truck, and it is an upgrade over the 04. If I went for the NR payments would be about 100/month higher. Not sure I can get spousal approval for that one.
Do you guys think either of these trucks are priced too high? I looked at NADA prices, and they are priced slightly low. The guy told me the 05 has been on his lot for 3 months.
I dont know what I should get for the 04.
Comments, suggestions, etc..Thanks...

Morning Riff. I would try to talk the guy down on the NR. If your going to make a change, try to get your best deal (obviously). The red RC has the CAI many have said on this site is basically useless.:dontknow: Also, I'm sure you know to inspect VERY carefully for anything that may sway the seller to lower the price, or change your mind about purchasing. If your not in any rush, spend some time investigating other dealers offers. Pricing seems in line, NR seemed high:dontknow: Good Luck bro!:)

06 IMHO... ;)

Obvioulsy you get the added upgraded interior and a cool color. NR is also quite rare. Go for it. :rock:

I'd keep what you have but that's just me. I don't care for the looks of the 06. Don't like the front end or the interior. I especially don't like the "always dirty" look of the the NR wheels, or the cheesy looking decals. But then again, that's just my opinion, which probably isn't worth anything.

Do whatever makes you happy.:)

personally, stick with the 04 or maybe go with the 05....stay away from any 06 if for no other reason than the goofy headlights...jmo

MUTT said:
personally, stick with the 04 or maybe go with the 05....stay away from any 06 if for no other reason than the goofy headlights...jmo
you are correct sir.:D :D :D :D :D

If you do decide on getting a new one I would go for the more rare of the two.

ViperTruck2933 said:
I'd keep what you have but that's just me. I don't care for the looks of the 06. Don't like the front end or the interior. I especially don't like the "always dirty" look of the the NR wheels, or the cheesy looking decals. But then again, that's just my opinion, which probably isn't worth anything.

i agree !!!

if you decide on the '05, have a mechanic check it out..... those 6600 miles could be ridden hard miles......:D

ViperTruck2933 said:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :(

ViperTruck2933 said:

Tim,
I respect your opinion..Thanks..
After thinking about it alot, I dont think the NR is for me..While I like the fact that it is new, and a special edition, I just really dont like the 06s..The only thing about the interioir I like is the heated seats..Also, right now, the price is just out of my reach, unless I go to JoeyMags for help..lol
The 05 is is more my taste..The upgrades to the 05 over the 04 are what appeals to me as well as the mileage of this particular truck. The red color on the 05 is growing on me, although I love the look of a clean black truck..
Thanks for your opinions guys..I really appreciate the honest feedback..I dont know which way I am going yet..I guess I will see what deal the guy comes up with, and what he wants to give me for my truck..

Im not really having any problems..although keeping my black truck clean is a pain in the ass..lol..
I just got looking around at different trucks for sale, and thought why not?..I guess I thought a lower mileage truck with a lower payment might be nice..I dunno..Im on the fence here..Will probly just keep my truck and shut up..lol

Originally Posted by ViperTruck2933

Do whatever makes you happy.

nycstev said:

Sorry man, no offense :eek: He asked for opinions. Just giving mine as honest as I can. :D :D :D

Lower payments sound nice but what's the overall price?

Never go into a dealership talking about payments. Salesmen love that. Don't be a payment buyer.

Limited edition sounds nice but Dodge overplays that. In my opinion I can't see a Night Runner being anymore collectible than anyother SRT-10. They made Night Runner 1500s and Dakotas, too.

I had an '05 Ram Dayton "limited edition". Yeah, mine was number 7598. Not that limited.

In my opinion id have to agree with the whole payment idea, id love a lower payment on mine for more mod money but... I look at it this way, you have a few options which include refinancing if you want to but also you have a 04, the first of the breed. The orig year might be worth a thought if they someday ever gain any value and heck you know what you got now why change? But heck either way its a srt-10 so you win and cannot lose:D :rock:

Riff62 said:
Im not really having any problems..although keeping my black truck clean is a pain in the ass..lol..
I just got looking around at different trucks for sale, and thought why not?..I guess I thought a lower mileage truck with a lower payment might be nice..I dunno..Im on the fence here..Will probly just keep my truck and shut up..lol

Why not just have the beast repainted for 2k rather than a new car payment?

ok..I decided to keep my truck.
Putting some new meats on it today..Waiting to seewhat the tire store has..
We got a new peice of equipment in for polishing SS tanks, but can use for other stuff..Its a hand held grinder type thing..I was thinking of trying it out on the inside of my wheels..I have some 600 grit flap wheels and some buffing wheels..
I washed and waxed the truck yesterday..came out ok..Think I need to use the buffer on it..had it all waxed up, then it rained..before I got the wax off..what a mess..lol
Thanks to all who offered advice..I really do appreciate it..

Riff62 said:
ok..I decided to keep my truck.
Putting some new meats on it today..Waiting to seewhat the tire store has..
We got a new peice of equipment in for polishing SS tanks, but can use for other stuff..Its a hand held grinder type thing..I was thinking of trying it out on the inside of my wheels..I have some 600 grit flap wheels and some buffing wheels..
I washed and waxed the truck yesterday..came out ok..Think I need to use the buffer on it..had it all waxed up, then it rained..before I got the wax off..what a mess..lol
Thanks to all who offered advice..I really do appreciate it..
You guys all make me feel so "Normal":) Riff, I'm glad it's just not me going through all these changes. I already, in my mind, calculated 3 or 4 trades etc. involving my srt10! In the end, keeping what I have, for now, is the best decision. (and the cheapest) PS. Did you ever try the "Clay Bar" on your black truck? Treker has had alot of success with it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back