inspection

redice2

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok just curious on this. Mon-Tues my new tires come in for my truck and taking it in for inspection after the 10's winter hibernation. this winter i had an issue with my batter which i am still having seems battery is growing weak but its original battery and i have had it since 05 so figure i am due. just wanted to wait to change it till after inspection since i know removing the battery resets the computer and will cause it to fail the inspection till more miles are put onto it. the battery has gotten pretty low over the winter never to point i didn't have interior lights or such but enough so it wouldn't turn over which i put a charger on it and would charge it for a day and it would be ok a month or 2 then same problem. just went to try starting it this am and its same boat wont start. so will hit charger to it today and try again to start it tomorrow. now with just the battery being in a low state is there any chance it will fail the inspection? they don't do the sniff test but they do hook up to the odbd2 port and check the pc for inspection. just wondering if this could be a problem. or if there is anything i can do to ensure it passes inspection. before i put it up the system passed just had bad tires and couldn't see dropping a thousand dollars on tires right before putting it up for the winter. any help greatly appreciated don't want to get new tires then have it fail inspection because of the computer/battery. guy doing inspection already told me he could drive it around a bit if that was the case to take care of it.. but yeah i don't trust anyone to drive my 10 lol and stuck with fact tires are bad so i don't want to drive to far with it and inspection is out (November of last year) lol. thanks for the help everyone :)

its also a 2005 SRT-10 quad cab

did you find some tares? hell I am been able to beat that price you got yet bo, seems to be pretty good deal:rock:

yeah i got tires they will be in mon-tuesday guy is also going to inspect it. just worried with the battery issue over winter storage that it might cause an issue with it passing inspection. reason i asked never been so dead i didnt have lights or such but has been dead enough it wont turn over.

well thats part of problem cant do a couple hundred miles due to fact tires are shot and inspection is out as of last year. usually i dont have a problem i go out once a month and start it and run it for 10-15 minutes. i think its just the batteries time like i said the battery is 5 years old and its the factory original battery.

Back