INSTALL HELP- Front Control Module & AC Pressure Transducer Valve

Rice Eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boring parts but my passenger side front head lamp, turnsignal, rear break light and rear turnsignal do not work and its not the bulbs. All on passenger side. Also the AC has a mind of its own and blows cold when it wants to and doesn't when it doesn't want to. If you drive the truck around for about 10-15 minutes then it comes on cold as can be and stays on but those first minutes the compressor goes on and off.

I took it to the dealer for diagnosis and these are the parts they say I needed:

Front Control Module 56051036AF

AC Pressure Transducer Valve 5073617AA

Anyone know how long it takes to install these parts or how difficult they are to access? I found the parts online but dealer was killing me on hours...they wanted $1,600 parts and labor!

I would think that the Front control module is the fuse panel? If so labor to replace wouldn't be too much, a few retaining bolts and a couple major connectors. The AC pressure transducer valve, WTF is that?

I would say that a majority of your cost is in the fuse panel. Try to find a used one somewhere.

The fuse panel is also know as the TIPM (total integrated power module). A fancy fuse box if you will. Has a circuit board built in. It needs to be "flashed" by a dealer if purchased online.
This was for 06, not sure if it applies to 04-05

I just googled the AC pressure transducer valve and that is just a AC pressure switch, this is 'F' all to change out.

The front control module is basically a module with one connector on it, honestly I dont know where it is located. But again it looks like 'F' all to change out too.

Buy the parts and change them out yourself.

The front control module on the 02-05 rams is the aluminum box attached to the side of the IPM. I had a customer with a 02 ram 1500 that the front park lights didnt work so we rePlaced the front control module it didn't work. (used part I had) so I replaced the IPM (fuse box) Used from an auto wrecker and the lights worked. So just for fun I reused the old front control module and didn't change anything. So I have a spare one out of a 02 ram 1500 4x4 with a 5.9L

The front control module on the 02-05 rams is the aluminum box attached to the side of the IPM. I had a customer with a 02 ram 1500 that the front park lights didnt work so we rePlaced the front control module it didn't work. (used part I had) so I replaced the IPM (fuse box) Used from an auto wrecker and the lights worked. So just for fun I reused the old front control module and didn't change anything. So I have a spare one out of a 02 ram 1500 4x4 with a 5.9L

What is the IPM? Same as the PCM? How long is the install?

IPM is the fuse box under the hood right in front of the battery. Yes, different than PCM.

Last edited:
You might have to loosen the bolts that secure the IPM to the body after you remove the cover. The control module is toward the front of the truck and should lift out. It appears to be a pretty good size so you shouldn't miss it.

The AC Transducer is an inline fitting and it can replaced without depressurinzig the system.

Hopefully the below PDF's get you on your way. Looks like a pretty easy swap.

Front Control Modul
View attachment FrontControlModule.pdf
A/C Transducer
View attachment AC_Transducer.pdf

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back