Installed my old Stage 2 Flashed PCM with the Paxton

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After much deliberating I installed my old Stage 2 Flashed PCM with the Paxton. I was contemplating on getting a new blower flash, but couldn't justify spend $600 on one. So I called around and asked a few of the tuners what is the main difference between the Stage 2 flash and the blower flash. They all pretty much said the same thing "timing". So I figured that I could remove timing using my split second control, and decided to install. The reason why I did it was because I was some what disappointed with the low to mid range power she was putting out, and also wanted the added benifit of the fan kicking on sooner because of the heat down here in S FLA. I did it just to see how she would feel. Of course I added more fuel and removed timing up top on my split second control. Took her around the block very cautiously watching my A/F meter and making sure I backed off the throttle when she started getting to lean. All I could say is WOW:D ! Lighting up the tires all the way through 2nd. I think I need to readjust the Cal-Tracs:burnout:. Throtle response is right on, and pulls hard in every gear. This is what I was originally expecting when I got the blower needless to say the stage 2 is still on and I'm still watching my A/F very closely. Hopefully at the begining of the new year I'll get in some cooler temps to be able get in some dyno time to get it fine tuned.

Added benefit at cold start she starts right up and very smooth idle, and at highway speeds the engine is purring (sounds like an exotic) and drone is pretty much gone.

Yes it does... especially that it didn't cost me a $0.01. Its made a big difference. I'm waking up in the morning with a big grin :D .

Dude its night and day. The truck feels like its ready to devour (spelling) anything. I wish I would have done it sooner.

wait your saying the Perf tune done by dc on their dyno is way!!! better than my 100 octane stage 2 flash??

Annu Kumar said:
wait your saying the Perf tune done by dc on their dyno is way!!! better than my 100 octane stage 2 flash??

A custom tune is specific to your truck, and should be better than a generic Stage 2 flash

If you want to REALLY wake that puppy up, go get a dyno tune from one of the real guru's like Joe Donovan at PBJ.

My car made 580 rwhp with Roe's standard tune and 635 with Joe's tune. :rock:
(That's not a knock on Roe, that's just their standard safe tune).

DaveT's truck made 700 rwhp with the paxton when Joe finished with it. ;)

Annu Kumar said:
How much will a Naturally aspirated Qc get out of a tune??
Not sure how much you will gain. But I would think it would be worth it. With you being close to DC you should do it.

My dyno graph is here somewhere. We dynoed it right off my trailer, then added the VEC3 and Joes custom dyno tune with nothing else added a day later. We gained like 30 or 40 rwhp alone! This is on top of the Split Second, and DC Performance blower flash that were/are still on the truck. We were worried the VEC3 wouldnt talk with the Split Second hardware but Sean Roe came through for us and things went fine.

On a side note, Tim...you mash the pedal on that Viper yet :) :burnout:

Last edited:
A little extra tune go's a long way!!!:burnout: :burnout:

A dino tune will run around 600 to $800
Just had mine done at DC 608 RWHP a safe tune not extreem.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back