Installed Volant Engine Light On No Power

jrray24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a new Volant CAI. The check engine light came on and the truck is lacking low end power completely. The only thing I know that went wrong is the little plastic guard on the air temperature sensor broke off when I was taking it out of the stock tube that feeds directly into the throttle body. It still idles fine and runs good over 4500 rpm. I took it to AutoZone, the do free diagnostic and engine light resets. My friend there said it read the air temp sensor was bad. The light reset and has not came back on. Could/should the air temp sensor cause this issue? Any other ideas? I will have to wait until Monday to get a replacement at Dodge and I really wanted to enjoy the truck this weekend. Please help. Thanks guys.:mad: :dontknow:

You will have to drive it a little more to get the caution light again. Next time you get the light do this; Turn the key on and off 3 times. Leave it in the on position the third time. The CEL code will show on the display on the dash. Post it up here so we can help. You might also need to reset your PCM so it can learn the new intake system. Just disconnect the neg terminal on the battery for 15 min. Drive the truck for a little and see if it gets better over a day or two.

Smoke said it well. Usually within 20 to 50 miles the light will come back on. Then do the key trick and post what the code is. Or maybe you bud at Autozone can read what the code was with his fancy reader..??

patrick

Thanks fellas

I have disconnected the neg terminal and will try that first. I know, Autozone or Autopuke as we call it, is not the best performance shop in the land but I wanted to get the light reset and on a Saturday there are not many choices out there.

Also, why in the heck does the Volant have the holes in the box where the factory box draws air? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of the ram air CAI???

jrray24 said:
I have disconnected the neg terminal and will try that first. I know, Autozone or Autopuke as we call it, is not the best performance shop in the land but I wanted to get the light reset and on a Saturday there are not many choices out there.

Also, why in the heck does the Volant have the holes in the box where the factory box draws air? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of the ram air CAI???
i just put on a jmb performance cai no probs thing sounds cool

jrray24 said:
but I wanted to get the light reset and on a Saturday there are not many choices out there.

You can reset the light yourself just by unhooking the neg terminal cable for 15 min on the battery.

also make sure the small rubber tube is on right and does not have a kink in it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back