Installing Mids... PROBS

FaSt ReD SrT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... spent about 4 hours so far trying to get my new X-metal mids on... The intstall is a total disaster so far... LMAO... Not at all having any probs with the X-metal products though, it is mostly my truck as the culprit.

1.) Both Front o2 sensors (The ones you need) were seized in the stock mids... so I was forced to cut the wires... what the hell do I do now? Where can I buy more o2 Sensors?

2.) One of the X-metal pipes is too thick to fit into my magnaflows opening, even after prying the opening apart so you could drive a Mack truck through it... hahahaha... Should I take a grinder to it to thin it out a tiny bit? It seems like it is a VERY TINY TAD BIT too thick...

Please.... Please.... help me in anyway that you can being that my SRT-10 is my daily driver, and is out of commission...

Thank you all very much for anything that you can do to help...

Bryan Schoonmaker

Most of O2s are siezed I think. No anti sieze from the factory. You could take the Magnaflow off and bring it to any local muffler shop that has a pipe expander. Grinding it wouldn't hurt if your gentle.

Ok, I found some o2 sensor replacements online... thing is... I am pretty sure they are the same ones found on the viper... (first link down low)... but the site has different ones for the truck (second link down low)... I dont want to splice anything... I want to use the OEM Denso ones that have the harness on them... Please let me know what you think...:rock:

Also... will it hurt my engine at all if I drive my truck across town to the muffler shop with no front or rear o2 sensors in?

http://oxygen.ecatalyticconverter.c...IPE-SRT10-001&category=All&part=Oxygen+Sensor

http://oxygen.ecatalyticconverter.c...eddash}10-001&category=All&part=Oxygen+Sensor

Last edited:
You can also pick up O2 sensors from the dealership.

No, you wont hurt your engine driving across town, now worries ;)

Would have an exhaust shop expand the fittings, sleeve them together and weld them.

FaSt ReD SrT10 said:
Ok, I found some o2 sensor replacements online... thing is... I am pretty sure they are the same ones found on the viper... (first link down low)... but the site has different ones for the truck (second link down low)... I dont want to splice anything... I want to use the OEM Denso ones that have the harness on them... Please let me know what you think...:rock:

Also... will it hurt my engine at all if I drive my truck across town to the muffler shop with no front or rear o2 sensors in?

http://oxygen.ecatalyticconverter.c...IPE-SRT10-001&category=All&part=Oxygen+Sensor

http://oxygen.ecatalyticconverter.c...eddash}10-001&category=All&part=Oxygen+Sensor

You _should_ be ok driving across town.. but since the front O2s are the ones that set the A/F up for the ECU.. you will want to be careful. and not load the engine.. as in baby it on the way over...

You might want to call the dealer to make sure they have the parts... one of my O2s did the same to me.. and I had to replace it.. I think it was about $27 for the part.. which I thought was remarkably cheap... the front and rears are differnent FYI!!

My mids also had to be somewhat retrofitted to make them work... but were well worth the headache getting them in...=)

I highly reccomend welding them in place... as I found that I had to do that also.. you will need two people to get them aligned properly...

Last edited:
Do any of you think that the dealer would have the o2 sensors in stock?

Thanks for all of your help... You guys are the best

FaSt ReD SrT10 said:
Do any of you think that the dealer would have the o2 sensors in stock?

Thanks for all of your help... You guys are the best

When I foobared mine... there was only one dealer in the valley that had one... he said they were not common.. but the Los Angeles distro center had tons available.... I was glad.. it would have taken 3 days to get the part...

Ok, thanks for all of your help guys...

Tommarow when I have this Bitch Kicking and Screaming... Ill grab all kinds of pics and Vids :)

azpyroguy said:
My mids also had to be somewhat retrofitted to make them work... but were well worth the headache getting them in...=)

I highly reccomend welding them in place... as I found that I had to do that also.. you will need two people to get them aligned properly...

i see alot of you guys welding in your catless midpipes...... don't you have to pass deq every two years ?? what are you doing if you weld them in ??

thanks.

moparracing said:
i see alot of you guys welding in your catless midpipes...... don't you have to pass deq every two years ?? what are you doing if you weld them in ??

thanks.

I bolted mine, and have a stock set of mids to bolt up when smog time comes around..dunno what everyone else is doing...

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
I bolted mine, and have a stock set of mids to bolt up when smog time comes around..dunno what everyone else is doing...

-Red
ditto on that, yet some folks here have enuf money for crooked one(200-500$)

moparracing said:

thanks.
In some states (like Missouri :D ) they don't get under the newer cars and look. They just plug into your OBD port and as long as you have no codes you pass inspection. ;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
In some states (like Missouri :D ) they don't get under the newer cars and look. They just plug into your OBD port and as long as you have no codes you pass inspection. ;)

Here in AZ, the first 5 years requires no inspections. After that, if there is a OBD and there is no codes... you pass inspection.

FaSt ReD SrT10 said:
Hey guys... spent about 4 hours so far trying to get my new X-metal mids on... The intstall is a total disaster so far... LMAO... Not at all having any probs with the X-metal products though, it is mostly my truck as the culprit.

1.) Both Front o2 sensors (The ones you need) were seized in the stock mids... so I was forced to cut the wires... what the hell do I do now? Where can I buy more o2 Sensors?

2.) One of the X-metal pipes is too thick to fit into my magnaflows opening, even after prying the opening apart so you could drive a Mack truck through it... hahahaha... Should I take a grinder to it to thin it out a tiny bit? It seems like it is a VERY TINY TAD BIT too thick...

Please.... Please.... help me in anyway that you can being that my SRT-10 is my daily driver, and is out of commission...

Thank you all very much for anything that you can do to help...

Bryan Schoonmaker
B- you can "rent" from an auto parts store a tail pipe expander that will go into the pipe and then you can slightly enlarge the magnaflow, its been crushed down from being installed previously., you can also use anything cone shaped to open the mouth up on the pipe so it can go together.

BOOMER said:
B- you can "rent" from an auto parts store a tail pipe expander that will go into the pipe and then you can slightly enlarge the magnaflow, its been crushed down from being installed previously., you can also use anything cone shaped to open the mouth up on the pipe so it can go together.

I had to do the same thing to mine...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back