Installing rear blocks on a RC

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Raise and support the rear of the truck by the frame rails.

put flooor jack under axle assembly.

loosen and remove all lower shock bolts.

remove bolts from sway bar links(optional)

remove u bolts from axle.

raise rear axle assembly

install new blocks making sure pin is in place when lowering axle.

reinstall all parts.

bump stop may need to be trimmed for suspension travel

and sway bar links may need adjusting to give correct angle.

only prob is finding a block in half sizes, Might have to go to local 4x4 shop

O yeah, what grade Ubolts do you recomend. Napa has Grade 5, but they look a lil cheesy.

Misterhemi03 said:
only prob is finding a block in half sizes, Might have to go to local 4x4 shop

O yeah, what grade Ubolts do you recomend. Napa has Grade 5, but they look a lil cheesy.

pm steve holden, he is taking good care of us on the blocks:rock:

I would say 2 1/2 then if its too much for ya, you can send im back and have them adjusted

Misterhemi03 said:
Is 3" gonna be to low for the stock shocks? I will trim the bump stops a lil if i need to.
Are you planning on doing a front drop too. 1.5" to 1.75" does a real nice job making it level. If you go 2" to 2.5", the rear is gonna look lower than the front without a front drop.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Are you planning on doing a front drop too. 1.5" to 1.75" does a real nice job making it level. If you go 2" to 2.5", the rear is gonna look lower than the front without a front drop.

he is gonna whack the front spring dave, that will make it where a 2 inch block will work and depending how far he goes a 3 may work

but I realllllllllllllly dont suggest going a full coil off:D mean especailly if you drive it often and alot of miles

it is loooowwwwwwwwwwwww:D

Stinker said:
he is gonna whack the front spring dave, that will make it where a 2 inch block will work and depending how far he goes a 3 may work

but I realllllllllllllly dont suggest going a full coil off:D mean especailly if you drive it often and alot of miles

it is loooowwwwwwwwwwwww:D
Okey doke, I didn't see/know that part. Won't cutting the coil also make it ride stiffer? What method is going to be used to cut it? I've always heard you don't want to torch it.:dontknow: If you go 3" on the back you might as well remove the bumpstop. Your going to be real close to the frame.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Okey doke, I didn't see/know that part. Won't cutting the coil also make it ride stiffer? What method is going to be used to cut it? I've always heard you don't want to torch it.:dontknow: If you go 3" on the back you might as well remove the bumpstop. Your going to be real close to the frame.

It does make it a tad stiffer, I recomend only 1/2 to 3/4 coil, i cut a full coil outta mine.

but yeah heating takes everything out and is a def no no!

but yeah with 3 in the back you have to shave the rear stop almost gone, I actually went back to a 2, and will probably end at 2 1/2, with the 3 it was lllllloooooooooowwww and would bottom on dips at hwy speeds:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back