installing steel mesh grill ?

fast fred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
we just got started installing the stainless steel mesh grill in my truck... do we have to take the lower valance off the truck to install the lower grill or is there some other way?

I believe you have to remove the lower valance Fred.... by the way you ever take care of the "OTHER" project???:burnout:

Craig said:
I believe you have to remove the lower valance Fred.... by the way you ever take care of the "OTHER" project???:burnout:
no don't have the t b installed yet but one of the guys from this site called me and said he wiil give me a hand intalling it....cool people here you know...

well everything is going O K taking a break for some eats...got the bottom valence off so we now have it all off and put the mesh grills on .......after we eat ......now just to reinstall and post pic's....this job is taking 3 of us 4 hrs to do with a lunch break....:burnout:

well we took the main grill and the lower valance off the truck and installed the mesh grills and then we put them back on the truck. the hood scoop is a easy job....its all back in now went back on real fast with 3 of us ....heres pic's of the grills...i know my truck needs washing after all the hands on it today....

Where did you get the grill? Did you have to remove the baffles behind the front grill?

I have laser jammers in my stock 06 grill and i need to keep the baffles if I swap the grill.

looks great fred! Sorry I missed your call buddy. Thursday/Friday were crazy!!!

seth said:
Where did you get the grill? Did you have to remove the baffles behind the front grill?

I have laser jammers in my stock 06 grill and i need to keep the baffles if I swap the grill.
yes we did remove the baffles and the bottom valence had to come off but it is easy just takes some time.....and then we put the baffles and valance back on...i got the grill from JMB justin wow he is the man when it comes to ordering ...great stuff and good prices...easy to work with....:rock:

SRT-11 said:
looks great fred! Sorry I missed your call buddy. Thursday/Friday were crazy!!!
yea we where ale to get the info right here on the site,it was a easy job once we knew what to take off...thank you eney way ....it took us about 4hrs to do the whole install......i think someone who knows what to do from the start can do it maybe 2hrs...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back