Insurance-Anyone use Grundy?????????

kennygene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have recently bought a policy through Grundy for insurance. Has anyone used them? Any information would be great. The policy is for show/recreation only but then has unlimited mileage? Post your feedback!!!!!!!!!

if your truck isn't a daily driver,these specialty companies are the way to go. i'm with hagerty insurance.(insured as an exotic vehicle) $692.00 a year. valued at $30,000,no deductable.

My Grundy policy is 400 per year with no deductible. I insured mine for $25,000
My motorcycle is usually my daily driver.

I'll have to check my coverage tonight. I may have made a mistake.

State Farm insured as the Ram 1500 SRT-10 8.3 L V10 and still less than 700 / year and it is my daily driver.... Am I doing something wrong?

etaylormcp said:
State Farm insured as the Ram 1500 SRT-10 8.3 L V10 and still less than 700 / year and it is my daily driver.... Am I doing something wrong?

I think the main difference is how much more the other guys will get with the specialty insurance. When my SRT got totalled, it was only valued at $25k by NADA but the other guys have theirs set at $30-35k. State Farm gave me a few grand more for my mods, but not nearly what they were worth.

OUCH!! Ok maybe there is something to that then. Thanks for the info.

I gave up on individual policy's years ago. I paid the state a bond to be legal and have no auto insurance. Cost to insure all my vehicles? Zero.

do ya'll have a competition exclusion...in other words your not covered?

etaylormcp said:
i had state farm too. but you have a deductible and you won't get what you have in it when its totaled. at hagerty or grundy you set the total recovered...i just wanted to make sure if mine was totaled i would have enough to purchase another:D

I wish I had known about Grundy a month ago. I could have made out like a bandit after that wreck.

Grundy will insure our trucks but you have to send them really nice pics and agree to their driving conditions.

johnnybravo said:
I think the main difference is how much more the other guys will get with the specialty insurance. When my SRT got totalled, it was only valued at $25k by NADA but the other guys have theirs set at $30-35k. State Farm gave me a few grand more for my mods, but not nearly what they were worth.
Your SRT got totaled?:dontknow: Must have missed that one. This was the incident where the truck driver ran you off the road?

wyoramsrt-10 said:
Your SRT got totaled?:dontknow: Must have missed that one. This was the incident where the truck driver ran you off the road?

Yeah, they totalled it from that wreck. I didn't think the damage was that bad since nothing under the hood got damage to include the drivetrain. It looked to be just the bumper, driver door, bed, and the frame shifting a little. Guess it all adds up pretty quick. I bought it back though since so much is still useable. I'm picking up my next one in 2 weeks actually out in Cali.

That is a damn shame. Glad you bought it back. Way too much money in that motor to let it go.

i used grundy for my viper, since my ram srt10 was my daily
$600 a year for $45k value...they cover the car well (except racing events) and pay fast

wyoramsrt-10 said:
That is a damn shame. Glad you bought it back. Way too much money in that motor to let it go.

Ha, yeah the motor was my main reason for the buyback. Think I could put it on a dune buggy or many a boat?:D :rock:

i only got 21k for mine when it was totaled a year ago. next time im going with a specialty company. it was funny, the adjuster saw a dent on the drivers door he said he thought was "preexisting". it was up by the roof from where the wall hit the door. took 2k off just for that door. they try and cheat their way into a lower price all the time. go with a specialty company and save the hassle

What kind of restrictions do the specialy companies put on your driving? I'm guessing very limited mileage at the least.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back