Insurance

sprite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who do you guys use for insurance? Right now all my vehicles are on GEICO. I am going to look at a Gallardo today, 05 fully optioned with 700 miles on it and called them for a quote and they said they wouldn't insure that vehicle. My friend has his insured with State Farm so I am thinking of moving all my vehicles over there. Anyone else you guys recommend to get a quote from?

Vehicles on quote will be 96 Dodge Viper RT/10, 05 Ram SRT-10 (if the company offers aftermarket insurance for the 50k or so in mods I got that would be great), 06 Corvette Z06 (until I sell it if it I pick up the Gallardo), 05 Lamborghini Gallardo.

sprite said:
Who do you guys use for insurance? Right now all my vehicles are on GEICO. I am going to look at a Gallardo today, 05 fully optioned with 700 miles on it and called them for a quote and they said they wouldn't insure that vehicle. My friend has his insured with State Farm so I am thinking of moving all my vehicles over there. Anyone else you guys recommend to get a quote from?

Vehicles on quote will be 96 Dodge Viper RT/10, 05 Ram SRT-10 (if the company offers aftermarket insurance for the 50k or so in mods I got that would be great), 06 Corvette Z06 (until I sell it if it I pick up the Gallardo), 05 Lamborghini Gallardo.

I'm paying 900 for 6 months for the truck with Progressive. They have great service too.

I've been with State Farm since about 1990.

I've gotten things in the mail from Geico, AIG, etc. that say 'You could save up to...'. So I call, tell them what I drive and that my record is clean, and the closest so far is about $400/yr. more than what I pay now.

Hell, right now BOTH of my vehicles are costing me a bit over 2K a year!! Which I think is a major Rip for nothing but paperwork (basically that's all I've ever cost State Farm - their paper. No claims ever).

IIRC, the truck cost me about $1,100/year and the Focus is ~$900/year - Full Coverage on both.

Insurance sucks, 'til ya need it I guess...

greatone61 said:
I'm paying 900 for 6 months for the truck with Progressive. They have great service too.

That's not bad, my truck is $1100 @ Geico. My Vette is $1900, my friend that has a Gallardo is 19 and is paying $1200 to insure it with state farm.

Progressive won't insure Lambos either. Hopefully State Farm can hook me up.

sprite said:
Progressive won't insure Lambos either. Hopefully State Farm can hook me up.

Damn that sucks, hopefully State Farm can help. Let us know what you pay, if its good and good service I'll change over too.

Allstate baby, On my weekend drivers I can place them in suspense over a weekend and they do not charge me. I pay about 2k a year for 4 vehicles all insured at actual cash value.

State Farm is my insurer. Geico can't touch them...nor can anyone else I have seen.

CarDude said:
State Farm is my insurer. Geico can't touch them...nor can anyone else I have seen.

:dito: I have been with them for 23 years....tried the others...not even close.

CarDude said:
State Farm for me too - great price ($55 per mo. for SRT-10 full coverage) and the service is always there when I need them.

greatone61 said:

Progressive blows! I had them back when I was younger, yes they were cheap when I signed up. Then after about 2 years the rates would go up every 6 months. Finally after a couple years of this I took notice and went to "their great website". I quoted the exact same insurance I had under a assumed name. The price came back at 1/2 of what I was paying! I called them and demanded that rate, they said they could not do that.

Since I have been with State Farm, as like most others here I am VERY pleased with them. Rates below, be prepared for your jaw to drop!

By the way, a couple years after dumping Progressive I got a letter from a group of lawyers filing a class action lawsuit against Progressive for their ploys to bring in customers then hose their existing customers, I did get money out of that lawsuit!

Current rates with State Farm (34 years old)

6 mo. Jeep $325 full coverage 250/500 deductibe
6 mo. SRT-10 $330 full coverage 250/500 deductibe (7500 mile limit per year)
6 mo. Viper $260 full coverage 250/500 deductibe (7500 mile limit per year)

Discounts include
Good driver
Multi car
Home insurance

Allstate :

2005 Srt-10 w/ full 100/300
2006 Mazda 3 w/ full 100/300
1988 Jeep Cherokee (rock crawler) - Liability
1986 Ford Econoline E250 - Liability (tow vehicle)
2002 Carson Trailer - Full

Total - 928.00 every 6 months :D

no accidents, married

Discounts - Good driver, muli-car, homeowners

I went a different route.....purchased a bond as required by the state of Az for those going self insured. I have a separate insurance policy that more than covers me for liability claims and its far cheaper and covers far more than just issues that might arise out of a auto accident.

I PAY 867 PER 6 MONTHS FOR MY SRT-10 AND MY HEMI RC. FULL COVERAGE WITH RENTAL AND TOWING. $500 DEDUCTIBLE

lambo.jpg

Crappy cellphone cam pic of me and the new ride.

Last edited:
sprite said:
lambo.jpg

Crappy cellphone cam pic of me and the new ride.

Congrats on the new ride. :top: She looks sweet.

Jesus Sprite....to be young and rich!!! Phocker!!! LOL The nookie must be falling all over you!!!

Looks really cool dude! Where are you gonna park it? I remember your other posts about surv. cameras and such.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Jesus Sprite....to be young and rich!!! Phocker!!! LOL The nookie must be falling all over you!!!

Looks really cool dude! Where are you gonna park it? I remember your other posts about surv. cameras and such.

patrick

Shurguard about 5 minutes from my apartment in a locked storage area, fenced off with coded gate and fully monitored by cameras. $179/month for a 10x20 storage space.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back