Intake cover

mysrt10

Been there, done that
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm going to give Matt(devildawg)credit for my inspiration for this mod. i dont know if it will help or not but i think it looks cool.
P6110894-1.jpg
P6110897-1.jpg

P6110892-1.jpg

thanks. it only cost about $20 in parts and 10 beers:D

Looks really cool and as stated beofe it looks as though it could have come with the unit.

andrew heywood said:
Hopefully, might shield some heat.....nice job............:rock: :congrats: :rock: ...:D

and make sure some catch can fumes have no way to run then inside....:dontknow:

Very cool mod, clean installation.

I like it! Very original idea and well done. You know what we could do to enhance your idea...we could lazer etch a logo (FANG, SRT-10, ETC) in it, and then maybe even edge light it with LEDs...that might be kinda neat.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I like it! Very original idea and well done. You know what we could do to enhance your idea...we could lazer etch a logo (FANG, SRT-10, ETC) in it, and then maybe even edge light it with LEDs...that might be kinda neat.
i like that. its .093 thick. would that effect etching?

i think fangs would look sick on it! would my L brackets interfere with light edge led's? how would that work?

Floor said:

Oil is gunna do what it's gunna do I guess, I'am sure a trace would not be harmful, course I have 1000.th of the knowledge and hands on, that a great deal of our members have............:dontknow:

Floor said:

i hadnt even thought of that but being covered i guess the fumes could just get pulled back into the engine? :dontknow: that would be nice.

that is pretty good Idea, if mine stays 15-20 degrees cooler yours should do better and dissapate the heat alot faster :rock: :burnout:

damn seeing that filter only reminds me of how nasty mine is and i need to clean it:p thats why mines not see thru:marchmellow:

DevilDawg3097 said:
that is pretty good Idea, if mine stays 15-20 degrees cooler yours should do better and dissapate the heat alot faster :rock: :burnout:
i hope it will stay cooler. i still havent driven it since i finished. i also installed a lower piece that goes from the bottom of justin's box past the radiator and to the grill.

oh and the catch can is fine as long as it is able to breath which it will get plenty of air. Now get over here and put my cal tracs on:D I am a lazy sob:p :marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back