intake manifold torque

silversrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to put back on my intake manifold, and was wondering what tools you guys use to torque the outer (10) bolts.I know that the inner ones are acessable from the top and use a t-30 torx ,1/4 extension and an inch/lb.torque wrench.But the problem I forsee is that there is no height clearance to fit the torque wrench under the runners where the outside bolts are.I even have a " crows foot" adapter and its just a little too tall.How do you guys do it? I appreciate any help you guys can offer.Thanks, Bill

JMB Justin said:
I guessed with a wrench LOL
Justin

That is my last option if i cant find the right tool.
Did you at least tighten/torque them in sequence?:dontknow: ...:D

I did tighten them in sequence, I dont see what other options you would have on torqueing them (perhaps a 7/16 swivel socket would clear?)
Justin

Bump! I am wondering the same thing. I guessed but I dont like it. One lean cyl after all this loot spent would really suck!

Last edited:
I am of the opinion that the torque value isn't as important as just getting it flat! Get the bolts as close to the same torque without threat of stripping the threads!

ive assembled lots of different engines and i dont use a torque wrench for intake/exhaust bolts. Just internal things like head bolts, cam bolts, ect. Like they said just tighten them in a seq and use your arm as a torque wrench so they all feel about the same. the gasket isnt going to allow anything threw though

80012812.gif

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back