Intake manifold.

BAD-RC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you get the bolts on the bottom (closest to the coils) out?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

The bolt heas is too close to the intake runner to fit a socket in

Dosent the bolt head have a phillips or allen head? I know thats how I got 1 or 2 off. It has been so long. Thats the best thing about the roe can have the intake off on 20 mins now.

yeah it has a t-30 head. but it seems like every thing i try is too tall to fit

Bad rc, had to adjsut and upgrade your lines to chrome and red buddy, couldnt fint any dang black at all:eek:

but the rear botls, use a socket and a pencil magnet, take the magnet , put the 1/4 socket on it, run your extension thru the intake, put socket on bolt, engage extension, use magnet to pull back out,

got to run :burnout:

get a crappy t30 and grind it down if you have to. But If i remember correctly I used 1/4 t30(crafsman)with a swivel ujoint. Modify the tool or what stinky said

6" T-30 bit. I posted up a link in a writeup I did on wire replacement.

the bolt by the #9 cylinder next to the vacuum line can has to be done with an open end wrench...boy that was a B!TCH!!!!!!

Another perfect example for coming up with a new place to locate the coils...

Any reason they can't be mounted to the firewall somewhere? Or a bracket that has them hanging over the rear section of the intake?

enforcer17 said:
Any reason they can't be mounted to the firewall somewhere? Or a bracket that has them hanging over the rear section of the intake?
nope, there is actualy room behind the intake , firewall, couple of places, but if we were to make a different location for coils then well it would take different wires and yatta yatta, and just not feasible to me at the moment, my feet is in too many fires as it is:D

but yeah bro, you can put them whereever you like buddy:rock:

enforcer17 said:
Hmmmmm ... this needs some further consideration.
its a pain, but take a gander just behind the intake, now if you do and watn a set of custom cut wires, let me know, you will have tons left over with an oem lenght set

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back