Intake removal?

silversrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you fine gentleman could tell me the quickest way to remove the intake to install plug wires.

silversrt said:
Oh, a comedian.:thefinger: .......:D
Serious I couldn't help u. I end up screwing more stuff than fixing, if I mechanic on anything.

You'll need:
T20 torx
7/16 wrench and socket (shallow preferred)
1/4 drive ratchet and extensions
Flat Screwdriver
T30 socket

I just took mine off today, took about 30-40 minutes with air tools. The gaskets should be reusable, they are o-ring style, but you can replace them as well (will run you almost $100 for the set at list price). Remove the TB, Map sensor, IAC motor, power brake hose, injector clips, fuel rails, and valve cover breather line. Remove the clips holding the wiring harness to the intake. These are a pain and will require some prying. There are 5 I believe. Now the intake bolts. All of them are easily accessed either through the slots in the top of the manifold or from the side of the manifold except.......two back lower ones. This is where you get the T30 socket out and go through the narrow slot in the back. A socket will not work on the drivers side, but will on the passengers side (you cant pass it through the slot though). If the bolts fall, no biggie, the valley tray will catch them. That should take care of it, and the manifold should lift off (not light, its alot of aluminum!)
Justin

JMB Justin said:
You'll need:
T20 torx
Flat Screwdriver
T30 socket

I just took mine off today, took about 30-40 minutes with air tools. The gaskets should be reusable, they are o-ring style, but you can replace them as well (will run you almost $100 for the set at list price). Remove the TB, Map sensor, IAC motor, power brake hose, injector clips, fuel rails, and valve cover breather line. Remove the clips holding the wiring harness to the intake. These are a pain and will require some prying. There are 5 I believe. Now the intake bolts. All of them are easily accessed either through the slots in the top of the manifold or from the side of the manifold except.......two back lower ones. This is where you get the T30 socket out and go through the narrow slot in the back. A socket will not work on the drivers side, but will on the passengers side (you cant pass it through the slot though). If the bolts fall, no biggie, the valley tray will catch them. That should take care of it, and the manifold should lift off (not light, its alot of aluminum!)
Justin

Right on bro! I think i have a bad plug wire and i am gonna swap em out.Thanks!

JMB Justin said:
You'll need:
T20 torx
Flat Screwdriver
T30 socket

Justin

What?:confused: :dontknow: No pictures or video??;) :p :D

I was going to suggest C4, but this does sound like a better way. Nice write up Justin.:rock:

Maybe one of our mods can capture this and make it a sticky.:)

Took me 2 1/2 hours! lol :flybye:
Installed MSD wires. The wires won't fit on the stock wire holders, so you have to make your own if you with different wires.

JMB Justin said:
You'll need:
T20 torx
Flat Screwdriver
T30 socket

Justin

You left off the beer, you'll need copious amounts of beer to do this right...

JMB Justin said:
You'll need:
T20 torx
Flat Screwdriver
T30 socket

Justin
Nice write up Justin. What are you doing over there, powdercoating or polishing that intake?:dontknow:

I need to come over and check it out. :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Nice write up Justin. What are you doing over there, powdercoating or polishing that intake?:dontknow:

I need to come over and check it out. :rock:

Lots of powdercoat! I promise I'll have pics by the end of the week, Ive got lots of new stuff to show off LOL.
Justin

thanks for this thread mine is coming off here shortly too. great info oh and i wont forget the beer.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back