Interior Lights on a 2006 SRT-10

vipernks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in case you have a desire to add foot-well lights to your SRT I have a few suggestions. I spent hours looking for a wiring schematic to determine which wire under the dash would be the one to tie into. In this case I could not crack the Goggle nut. All the information I could find said to tie directly into the dome light. I was not really happy about having to run a wire all the way to the center of my ceiling. So i compromised.

What i did was pull the doom light assemble out and look at the color of wires. The wire which feed power to the dome light is yellow with a blue strip.

Since I knew that the wire harness went down the pillar on the drivers side I pulled off the pillar and located the connector (about half way down behind the pillar/gauge) which has about 12 wires in it. This is where i made two cuts (I cut the yellow/blue wire and the black wire and spliced in two new wires that i feed through the hole in the dash down to the floor board (wrapped with plastic wire loom). After that I had both the positive and neg wires to be used for the Oracle light strips that i had purchased.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/members/vipernks/albums/2006-srt10/3758-blue-light-interior/

Note: I purchased two LED lights strips and three replacement bulbs (which contain 8 little LEDs each) for $86...in my opinion way way too much money for what I got but at least the project is now done.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back