Intimidating !!

Viper7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long Post im just talking,

My truck is absoulty the most Intimidating car I have ever owned. The Viper motor has reputation for sure.

Today going to town, i pull out on the highway and there goes a 02-04 lighting , lowed looked like some mods. So safely after all the cars go by i pull out and take my time to cacth up to him. Hes driving normal then all of a sudden when i get closer and closer he takes off weaving in and out of traffic. Trying to stay away from me ? Im like dude chill i just wanna see what you got>> Finally i gave up and i wasnt going to drive like a fool to see what he had.

Its either people try to avoid me, or i get people who will fly up behind me, thinking im just another Dodge Hemi,, or they just think im some ricer who put 22's and spoiler on a red truck. So they bust azz to get up beside me at a light. Then they look over and see POWERD BY VIPER. Thats all it takes, when the light turns green, They dont even try it, they stay well behind me.

Everyone thinks the Truck is a Enzo if only they knew anything about cars, A Viper motor is bad, but its stuffed in a 5700 pound truck lol. The outcome on preformance isnt going to be a SRT-10 Viper.

Then there are the guys, who just arent sure what they are tangling with so they play dumb. Example, last night im driving like grandma like i normal do, 45-50mph. When i come to a stop light i pull up next to this c5 Z06. I look over and the guy is looking at me, he suddenly turns away. Im like ok whatever..
Light turns green we both take off normal. He falls way behind, then he starts comming up decent. I drop her into 3rd, AND WHEN THE TRUCK SQUATS, that tells you ummmm power... so after that, he went back to playing like he doesnt see me lol. Now we all know he would have wiped me, but i dont think he knew that. Thats what is funny. So to save face, they dont even try it, God Forbid a truck beats them lol.

On a different note, I ran this kid today quick 0-70 , he had a 5.0 stang, Sounded good, I think he had a few mods, nice car, he coudnt hang, i didnt blow him away but i slowly walked the dog. We get up to the light he says , damn you got a fast truck. I complimented him on his exhaust note, didnt sound like other stangs, no H-pipe but it sounded good as hell.

I love when you hang or beat someone and they are all surprissed that you did so, then to see there face when i tell them im 100 precent stock.

Haha, Trust me its killing me every day.

I'm trying to get my vette back on the road for a daily driver so i can park the truck , to save gas money and miles. Allready behind schedule, truck now has 11.2k on it :( .Vette needed tires, which of coarse that includes rims, rotors, stainless steel brake lines, dust free brake pads, z06 calipers, lol Totall ballpark fiqure 2k, and i need a windsheild thats 500 bucks, then i need to fiqure out what the mice ate, and fix it so my battery will stop draining.

Sandblasted my vette rims today, got 4 prutty naked rims, they go for powder coating Thursday.

When i do get to modding my truck. Frist things are, dicth the 22s, cals, lowering, roadmaster, shifter, Then probally headers, custom side exhaust, 4.88s That should keep me busy for awhile. Probally throw in a light weight tounea cover to, gotta keep the weight down for the dragstrip :D

Im all about preformance frist, looks second.

Well then sir, allow me to add to that since I'm just about stock as well. I was on the freeway today when a red GTO quickly pulls up beside me. I was being good driving below 65. I first saw him switching blinkers to make all of the lane changes he needed to get up with me. I can tell I was the one he was driving like that to catch because he kept looking at me while trying to keep his other eye on the road. Just as he got passed me he slows to about my speed. Then he puts on his left blinker and gets in front of me in my lane. I went to change to the left most fast lane and of course he puts on his left blinker again to head for the same lane and sped up trying to flex his LS1 muscle to get me scared. (He must have been a real careful driver tho because he sure loved to use his blinkers). Okay.. I stay close behind him in 6th for a while then decide "F@#K IT", I'm gonna have to make a move because my exit was coming up. So I dropped the hammer down to 4th and ease by him roaring loud enough to make his nuts shrivel up like a raisin. I was at 120 mph in no time. I didn't unleash he power for nothing so I decided to just pass my exit and get off at the next and to see what his next move might be. I look in my rear view just in time to see him suddenly cross over three lanes in a hurry (with no blinkers this time) to just get the hell off the freeway. Now if that wasn't obvious I don't know what is. I guess he received his lesson in SRT 101.

It cracks me up as well to see people driving crazy to catch up and see. Most back off like you said once they know what's rolling on Scorpion Zeros before them. Still some others just want to be shown the hard way. I don't take them all on tho. Only those that are worth it. The two Hispanic guys in their mid 40's breaking their necks to get a look while riding in a black S-10 is hardly worth the gas. I'm not saying we have the absolute baddest rides out there. But for sure it's something most never see in person. Plus the sort of menacing demeanor these trucks have literally screams out that it dominates the fast lane. I'm sure everyone here agrees....

Had a guy give me a thumbs up at the gas pumps today. He said he really liked my rims and wanted to know if they were 20's or 22's. I went on to explain that they were 22's and came stock on the truck. I said "This is a SRT-10. It has the Viper engine in it and it makes 500hp". I get a blank stare :dong: . He says "Is it fast, it sure looks fast". I said "Yeah, it gets down the road pretty good". Most people just aren't aware of our trucks. I get a lot of looks and wave's etc. but most think it is just a dressed up hemi. With Dodge having made the ThunderRoad and Daytona versions of the Ram they think it is just another body kit. They don't know what lurks under the hood.

Last edited:
well i raced a harley v-rod today. all i can say is that bike was fast. at about 80 he was pulling pretty hard on me. he asked me to pull over to see what i had that was able to run with him that long. amazingly he thought it was a hemi. what was odd is he claimed to have a cummins but had never heard of our trucks. when i told him it was 500hp 525tq and 4.56 rear end he figured out why i got out of the hole with him like i did. by the way he had a bad ass bike. the only thing is i know we were doing at least 110 on airport blvd and he wasnt wearing a helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!! was fun though

Hehe - Last year I took a friend for a quick ride around the block. We were sitting at a red light waiting to go straight, and a car came around the corner and headed in the same direction ahead of us. Shortly thereafter the light turned green, and the intersection was empty - this car ahead of us had to be over an 1/8th of a mile out in front. Well, I hammered on the truck through first and second, then got out of it. Just like that, this car, which was still a few hundred feet (easy) ahead of us, pulls to the side.:dontknow: As we get closer, were long since back down to the posted 40mph and cruise by. This female (would you have guessed that?:rolleyes: ) gives us the nastiest look as we go by, then pulls back out behind us. My bud and me look at each other, then we laugh.:D She must've seen the truck jump in her rearview and got a bit skeeeered! :dontknow: :D :p

Wish that worked for all traffic...:(

Sounds like she was probally packing heat :) thats a bit out of the ordinary lol

SilvrSRT10 said:
Had a guy give me a thumbs up at the gas pumps today

for some reason, owners of gas stations love us! maybe we should get a few as vendors that will sponsor our hobby :) :dontknow: :D

RedSrt007 said:
for some reason, owners of gas stations love us! maybe we should get a few as vendors that will sponsor our hobby :) :dontknow: :D
In this case, it was another guy pumping gas. But I know what your talking about. If I didn't go to one of those quick stop gas places, I'd be on a first name basis with the local station folks. We should get a volume discount on our gas purchases.:burnout:

How about cameraphones? I've been shot by four cameraphones this last month.:eek: I keep thinking that I should keep my finger&fugly on standby so I can give'em a good friendly:thefinger:, but they catch me by surprise! EYES ON THE ROAD B***H!!!:motz::motz::motz::motz: ;)

I get a lot of thumbs ups from people with big smiles on their faces. One guy said he's only seen these trucks on a video game or in magazines. But I really don't like how the Daytona and RumbleBee versions tend to make people believe these beauties are mere trucks with nothing more than HEMIs and cosmetics. The heads turning are only because they look different and rare. Most chicks don't know what they are. Apparently a dancer that drove an Escalade got into it with either Had_To_Have_It or Silver QC. She was laughing because all she saw was a wing on a truck... "Yeah what kind of crap is that anyway? A wing on a truck. That looks so stupid." (I know you're just itching to say something here Nowwhat). She didn't realize that compared to her "dime-a-dozen" Escalade these trucks are the most mis-understood works of art; definately something many would love to have.. or hate.

ROKTMAN said:
We have the baddest truck on the planet!:burnout:

Yep!! Couldnt say it any better!!!

Went out to dinner with some friends tonight came back to their house in their car. As we pull up behind my truck I couldnt help but say............"dam look how nice my truck looks from behind"!!! Its so fricken beefy!!! Love it.

patrick

stopped at a red light yesterday coming from panama city had a family in a hemi quad cab behind me lady was taking pictures ith her camera phone you could see a young boy in the back seat smiling and pointing . thought it was cool.oh hemi was silver just like mine

Yeah, you got to love the fun and attention these beasts get. The fiance and I were out this weekend and a guy is looking at the beast way to long as we were side by side doing 80 on the freeway, he almost side swiped me, but having the power under the go pedal to get out of the way I think saved a collison.

The fiance asked "What the hell was he starring at for so long", I knew it was the truck, but just said, "he was starring at you baby!" It was not long before the center console was flipped up..and ya'll know the rest. :rock:

Hahah muscletrucks, he probally was starring at your lady, you have a fine lady lol...

Anyhow i allso had a woman the other day i pull up to a red light few cars back, and i had both my windows rolled, down, barley use AC , and this lady had hers rolled down. She said hey i have one of those at home in the garage. I said oh yeah ? what color is it. She said silver. I said quad or rc. She said regular cab. She said she was trying to sell it. I take it must have been her husbands, not sure. She said they are beatifull trucks, i told her about vtcoa, and we have a classfieds section. Not sure if she ever posted, or she might be talking about a hemi truck and not a srt. She swore up and down it was the same thing i was driving. Who knows?

I kinda like the wing, cuase its a bit ricy,which is what i like, cause that gives people a excuse to start talking sh$t then thats when you smack them down. Poor fools never even seen it comming :)

And honestly lets face it the spoiler is deffinatly functional at higher speeds.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back