Intrest In Cen-Tex GTG ??

Discussion in 'Schedule an Event Here' started by Hotrodmike, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Hotrodmike

Hotrodmike Full Access Member

Well thanks to all the guys round Tx that keep inviting me to come to GTG's . Since time seems to be a limiting factor of me getting away for any trip to D or H . I was just wondering if any of the Central Texas people wanted to get something going . I am prob not the best one to organize anything as I am kinda a boring mutha ;( being out of my party prime ;) and am open to suggestions. No biggie just some fun or sumthin
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike

2. Texas Yellow Fever

Texas Yellow Fever Full Access Member

Mike,
    Depending on when you do it, I might just come down for it, it's not THAT far. Let me know if you get anything together and I'll try to plan around it.

3. Hotrodmike

Steve
    Yea I figured you might :D
    I'm not even sure where to have or what anybody would want to do but hey thats open . Later this year the winery has been bugging me to do a car show but not doing it till I get my way if I have to do the thing for them and the owner and I seem to butt heads and I'm kinda pissed at them and the way they have treated my Ol lady , long BS story . So need to figure how it aids me b4 I commit . Guess we just have to wait and see if anyone even chimes in on this
    Anyone ever run at Temple Academy out of Temple ???
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike

4. sirhc76

sirhc76 Full Access Member

couple days late on this one, I would be in. I have seen two other SRTs here in Georgetown lately and another black RC by Buchannan dam when I got to visit the extended family. I think one of the trucks I have seen here is from Roundrock and posts on the boards.

5. Hotrodmike

:D Your only late if I had set a date :D :D :D
    Figure if we can get some ppl together great then figure a time and place .
    I have seen a couple on 1431 and two owners live in Marble Falls . THe pres of the Austin Mopar club lives North and has an SRT10.
    It's funny how the mind works . I'm sure I have driven by a lot of these trucks with all that are in centex but never noticed one ,now all I see on the road are Dodge trucks :D but still just spoting one of ours ever once in a while .
    I guess we can do a date if we get some more responce or just go with whatever works for people
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike

6. SRT10#86

SRT10#86 New Member

I'm in....

I live in Cedar Park. Name a time and place and I'll be there, if I'm not at work......

7. mopower1958

mopower1958 Full Access Member

Don't forget Shreveport March,24th !

8. Hotrodmike

Guess that puts you right between SIRHC76 and me !!
    I dont think I have seen you around ,and that close too :D :D
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike

9. sirhc76

Lets do this thing sometime soon. I have catless mids coming in this week and now a PCM to get installed, maybe we can do it at my house :) I did see SRT10#86 at lakeline mall today, unless there is another truck exactly like his in the area. I was buying furniture and happened to look out the window. Funny how you notice these things now.

10. Venom Power

Venom Power Full Access Member

Count me in Mike. I think this would be a great idea... Anywhere in TX between San Antonio, Austin, Houston and Dallas/FW is doable for me...:D

11. MWM

MWM Full Access Member

I'm in for this too. Just name the weekend. It will give me an excuse to cruise 4th and 6th street again. Plus with spring time coming, perhaps I may meet some college cuties at Hula Hut or something.

12. Hotrodmike

Now we are getting some ppl is there a consences on What ppl want to do .
    Can a bunch of 500hp clowns not get roudy in a residential area .Something to do other than stare at each others unit ,, I mean truck ,forgot where some minds are in here ROFLMAO , Toss some ideas in hate for some of these guys to come 1/2 cross the state to be bored LOL . I make my weekends so time is irrelavent to me .Figure out what to do then we can set a date.
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike

13. sirhc76

I would say go to the track although I have never driven and wouldn’t have a clue. I also think the closest would be Alamo drag way in San Antonio if it is still there. I know we use to have high school night there on Fridays when I was in school. We could do a Dyno day, I had a flyer on my truck in the parking lot a few weeks back. I think a new place opened in Round Rock although I believe it’s a Mustang Dyno?

Then we have the proverbial trip to a restaurant that has poor food and stuff to look at. I have a co worker that has dated almost all the ladies at the tilted kilt, they have a drink named after him. Or we go back to what we use to do when I had a motorcycle, road trip to Lukenbach. The drive is nice and in the next few weeks will be much better. I would imagine that people driving in for this wouldnt want to add to a drive so that may not be the best idea.

14. Hotrodmike

Some good ideas ,anyone else got input . Never been to the S.A track and I think Little River is closer to Austin (Temple Raceway)http://www.templeraceway.com/
    Dyno ,,,,, might be able to get something with Maxwell Chrysler on 620 ,they do not make it known but do have a dyno ,not sure what they have ?.
    Would make more splash all the trucks lined up a some hick towns BBQ shack .
    Thought about the drive thing too but still think its fun to do some cruising just for the attention factor seeing a row of snakes .
    Maybe 86 could borrow a radar gun from APD <G>
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike

15. Venom Power

Venom Power Full Access Member

I like the SA racetrack idea. SA is a great place to be on a beautiful day anyway with lots of BBQ places to eat... Then there's the Riverwalk, plenty of senoritas and margaritas.. so why not?:dontknow:

16. BigRed460

BigRed460 Full Access Member

I'm in for what ever...

17. lightningeater

lightningeater Full Access Member

I'm down except for March 20th through the 28th. I'm getting married during that week and will be outa the country...after that, name the place...I love Austin and it's no big deal to make the drive...

18. sirhc76

Talked to a guy at Maxwell Dodge about their Dyno. He told me that the cost is $65 for 2 pulls with air/fuel. He wasnt sure about the cost of a group day and directed me to another person in service. This person wasnt in so I will need to call back. He did say that we would need to schedule this for a weekend if we wanted to do it.

Thanks,

Chris

19. Azmal

Azmal Full Access Member

I'm about due for a trip to Texas, but there's a chance I may have to be moving back to Texas anyhow (central Texas or maybe Houston) Depending on the date I may be down. Dont count on me but I might recommend Alamo Draft House or Buffalo Wild Wings, or some place around 6th
    I used to live in Cedar Park heh

20. Hotrodmike

Chris
    Sounds good thanks for getting ahold of them ,I was going to try to get to that but since you did ,thanks . Maybe we could do that then do a cruise round about Austin area and then hit some place to eat . I guess see what you come up with on that and then set a date .
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike