ipod intergration repair

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know were i can send the module to see if it can be repaired:dontknow:

Shit i want to know how to use the ipod kit with the stock radio itself!

Troy's QC SRT said:
Shit i want to know how to use the ipod kit with the stock radio itself!

it will only work with the rb1 ,,i had the rb4 and bought a rb1 on ebay ,,,worked great till a week or so and now nothing :dontknow:

i know its a stupid question and i probably could find it searching but whats the difference between the rb1 and rb4?
This is mine and I don't know which one it is really...

Attachments

• DSC_0296.JPG
    DSC_0296.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 48
yup i have the crappy rb4....a new deck will be one of the first things i get when i get home....I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO CONNECT MY IPOD!!

Troy's QC SRT said:
yup i have the crappy rb4....a new deck will be one of the first things i get when i get home....I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO CONNECT MY IPOD!!
This is the Kenwood 5120 i had put in mine. Charges my I-Phone, And plays my music & videos from it.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 48
That looks good no doubt...how much did that run you for? I have to get something aftermarket imidiately now....Would it be smart to buy a extra double din off like ebay and give it to the shop to let them fabricate it for the new deck or do they have those premade to order from somewhere or something? IO only want a flat screen, no fold out for me....Whats a good price to get everything? I know that the overal price would depend on which deck but how much can i expect for decent labor and install? I'm probably willing to get liek a 1200 deck if its really good.....

Troy's QC SRT said:
That looks good no doubt...how much did that run you for? I have to get something aftermarket imidiately now....Would it be smart to buy a extra double din off like ebay and give it to the shop to let them fabricate it for the new deck or do they have those premade to order from somewhere or something? IO only want a flat screen, no fold out for me....Whats a good price to get everything? I know that the overal price would depend on which deck but how much can i expect for decent labor and install? I'm probably willing to get liek a 1200 deck if its really good.....
We have a few stereo guy's here, Maybe they will chime in and get you hooked up? I did my complete system, So it was kinda pricey.:D

Ironhead said:
it will only work with the rb1 ,,i had the rb4 and bought a rb1 on ebay ,,,worked great till a week or so and now nothing :dontknow:

I have used my iPod integration kit on the rb1 rb4 and the rbk and it worked fine on all of them. The only differnce is that the artist info and track title is only displayed on the rb1.

oh i think im going to go with the kenwood upgrade for speakers since it seems like thats the best bang for the buck which ill do myself, but first i need to be able to use my ipod so deck is first!! I just would like to know what to expect so i dont get ripped off and whats the best bang for my buck as far as decks...

i still need to get my module looked at ,,anyone know were i can send this thing ,,,:dontknow:

sorry for the higjack!! Best bet would be to call the manufactor of the module....

sorry for another hijack, but where can I get the ipod integration kit for an rb1, the dealer?
Whats the cost and does it integrate the iphone too, or only an ipod?
I understand the kit only works with the latest models of the rb1 that end in AH or AI.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back