Is it Worth it to get a Navi in a 06 QC?

TeamSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an inferno red QC about 60miles from my home, i found it on autotrader it has the key addition i want - the Power sunroof, but it doesnt have a Navi system. Is the Stock Navi system good for these trucks, or would a Garmin/TomTom be a better route to go?

I have the stock nav in my QC. My phone has a better nav system! I prefer using a portable garmin.

I like my stock nav, but I did go on the Internet and burn a newer version of the software, because we have lots of new roads.

i have a stock for sale if u want.
i had to change it for a European version.
i updated the software for $20 and it works great !

name a price + shipping to the USA and its yours...:dontknow:

I wouldn't pay for stock Nav. Go for the Garmin.:rock:

if u mean the stock 2004 or 2005 i agree , but the stock doubledin from the 2006 is a very good navi , it has never fail on me , it has a very good bleutooth phoneconnect and it looks killer in my truck.

if i would go for any other afthermarket i would go for a Pioneer or Alpine.

the Garmin , do u guys mean the one that goes in the sigarettelighter and on the dash or window ?
if so , i think thats a sheap look for our trucks...:eek:

if u mean the stock 2004 or 2005 i agree , but the stock doubledin from the 2006 is a very good navi , it has never fail on me , it has a very good bleutooth phoneconnect and it looks killer in my truck.

if i would go for any other afthermarket i would go for a Pioneer or Alpine.

the Garmin , do u guys mean the one that goes in the sigarettelighter and on the dash or window ?

I had an 06 QC, and the stock nav was garbage. Maybe it's different for you over there:dontknow:

CIMG0464.jpg

I think my Garmin looks pretty good there:D

oh , that i can not say , here in Europe it works fine.

and ur Garmin looks cheapo imo...

the rest of your truck looks AWESOME offcourse , just like all the SRT10's.

My stock navi has not failed me yet. Plus I hate having things stuck to my windshield with a cord running down my dash. If you upgrade for for an in-dash unit, imo.

The navi in the REC radios (06) seems pretty good. Not as fancy as the ones out now, but its 5 years old now. It has always got me to where I needed to be. Including the track in PCB... Whatever Tony was using.... it was not that great :D

Sounds like most of the negative feedback is coming back from 04 and 05 owners. The 06 Navi is a lot better than the 04 and 05. I'm happy with mine. Plus, I would rather not have to have any extra "clutter" around my dash or windshield.

Sounds like most of the negative feedback is coming back from 04 and 05 owners. The 06 Navi is a lot better than the 04 and 05. I'm happy with mine. Plus, I would rather not have to have any extra "clutter" around my dash or windshield.

When I was searching for my 06 QC, I just HAD to have one with nav. I was really disappointed when I got it:dontknow: I wouldn't pass up on a good truck just because it doesn't have the navi... this is speaking from experience.

When I was searching for my 06 QC, I just HAD to have one with nav. I was really disappointed when I got it:dontknow: I wouldn't pass up on a good truck just because it doesn't have the navi... this is speaking from experience.

I agree, Nav is nothing important enough to pass up a good truck over. When I got mine, the Nav didn't even work. Then I got an update disc from Noid and it's been good to me ever since.

The garmin has a lot more features and can be programmed while driving. Even on my rigs with factory nav I use the garmin.

I like the Nav in my 06 QC (REC Control Head) and I am very happy with it. I do need to update the DVD maps (about $199) but so far it has taken me everywhere I entered into it without a problem...

Around some of the Major Cities (NYC, DC, HotLanta) I am sure the maps are out of date but all in all I am happy with it... :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back