IS SUPERCHARGING CAUSING ENGINE FAILURES

granger65

Reaction score
I AM THINKING OF ADDING ONE, BUT I KEEP HEARING ABOUT ENGINE FAILURES. WHAT EXPERIENCES ARE PEOPLE HAVING THAT HAVE THEM?

Haven't heard of a Paxton induced blow up in a while. Long while. Now the rear mounted turbos...different story entirely.

There are a number of members with some significant mileage on their Paxtons.

Roe is too new to have any data. At least on Gen 3.

If your running stock pistons I would think your chances increase. Like others have said...its all in the tune. I've put a bit of mileage on mine (both drag and road racing) since the replacement motor and upgraded internals have been installed and I've had no problems. The blower flash/pcm upgrade is a must for drag racing. It removes the "wide open throttle timer delay" which basically wakes up the truck when launching from a stand still.

Granger you live in GA, just drive down to Roe Racing and you will enjoy the peace of mind that you have one of the best tuners working on your truck. Its what I would do if I lived in the area.

patrick

I' ve got 20,000+ miles on my Paxton. Totally stock motor. Superchargers don't blow engines, shitty tuners do.

Joe

I agree with the present consensus...... I've had a blower longer than anyone and I do run it hard from time to time......OK....OK....Every time I take it out..... I've not (knock on wood) yet blown up my stock bottom end...

Like the smart boys say....It's in the tuning.....

And one more thing...... Almost everyone on this forum wants to go forced induction.....It's the real shit for these trucks... To be honest...and I'm not dissing anyone's ride...I wasn't satisfied with this truck's performance until I got a blower....

Now I love it....

SD

Last edited:
+15,000/miles, flawless miles..... do-it!

181805.jpg

Quick

I believe we have learned that forced induction does not necessarily negate "detonation" of these motors.....however an improper tune will.

Quote me on this: Good tune equals ZOOM; Bad tune equals BOOM!

Scrambler1 said:
I' ve got 20,000+ miles on my Paxton. Totally stock motor. Superchargers don't blow engines, shitty tuners do.

Joe

That is why I had Dan (DC) tune my PCM.. even though he has not seen the truck, I provided him a list, and he tuned my PCM to be just a tad on the conservitve side... Once I get the SC installed this weekend.. I dont think that I will have any problems.

Scott.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back