IS THERE A NEW SRT TRUCK COMIN???

1badnightrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading a motor trend mad "not sure what one" but there were talking about a NEW SRT-8 ram(425hp) fixin to show its face!
they where talking about it havin a 6 speed & auto tranny.
Has anyone else seen or heard anything about this?

or was i just dreaming i read this

Buy a used SRT-10 at a fraction of the price, even heavily modded it would be cheaper then a supposed brand new model with less power.

If you are really interested, you can do a direct swap with the 6.1 heads and 6.1 cam into the 5.7 motor. Also, there is a kit for the 6.1 intake onto the 5.7 motor. I got 63HP to the wheels with my swap. Once again, not a V-10 Viper....

Bone said:
If you are really interested, you can do a direct swap with the 6.1 heads and 6.1 cam into the 5.7 motor. Also, there is a kit for the 6.1 intake onto the 5.7 motor. I got 63HP to the wheels with my swap. Once again, not a V-10 Viper....

Thats a decent increase in HP! Go a little better I bet!

The only thing I've seen is an announcement that the SRT 8 Challenger will have an available 6 spd next year. Nothing about a truck.

I think you were dreaming. For certain there is nothing on news stands that mentions a SRT8 truck coming.

I have a buddy who has been a Dodge Shop Formen for the last 20+ years. Last time hang'in at the shop I ask the same thing. I would trade my 500 ponies in for a 600HP (SICK). Anyway he was in Dodge school and was told that a new Ram SRT-8 was in the works. Now befor any one jumps on me for that statment I am just telling you what I was told by someone who has been with Dodge for a long time and got the story third hand. Said " its all about the GAS".

Yellow venom 366 said:
Thats a decent increase in HP! Go a little better I bet!
Yeah, you can. Better cams out there and port the 6.1 heads.

Also, went to a true dual system with X-pipe and got 15 more ponies.

I might have been dreaming but I know read it in a truck magazine somewhere
I wouldn't trade my truck if they did! ( not to mention I don't have $$ right now) but i do have 2 boys i know 1 would like to have an srt-8 ram!!
"I could call him mini me" lol

Rumor. But there is a RT version coming, but I would assume the RT Ram will just be the 5.7 with some bells and whistles, like the RT Charger, same engine as the 5.7 Charger with a few extras.

Little Details said:
I have a buddy who has been a Dodge Shop Formen for the last 20+ years. Last time hang'in at the shop I ask the same thing. I would trade my 500 ponies in for a 600HP (SICK). Anyway he was in Dodge school and was told that a new Ram SRT-8 was in the works. Now befor any one jumps on me for that statment I am just telling you what I was told by someone who has been with Dodge for a long time and got the story third hand. Said " its all about the GAS".
You should get your source to dig up the production numbers on our trucks:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back