Is this normal?

MARCOS909

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the truck last weak, but the air filter has another filter sort of like a gas filter coming out under, is this normal or should I take it off?

Attachments

• IMG_1564.jpg
    IMG_1564.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
that is not normal....truck does not come with that filter there..whomever had truck homemade that on the stock airbox..its up to you if you want to take it off or not.

yep, X2

different for sure

Looks like an extra air inlet to the stock air box.. Is there a hole in the air diffuser behind the grill on pass side for air to reach that filter????? I was thinking about an idea like that...

Looks like an extra air inlet to the stock air box.. Is there a hole in the air diffuser behind the grill on pass side for air to reach that filter????? I was thinking about an idea like that...

Yea theres an air diffuser behind the grill

Keep the tubing for sure. Just look into getting a washable type filter instead and that would be pretty trick.

Tlhat looks like someone wants to filter the air going to the airbox. There should be one inside the airbox. there is no need to filter the air twice! pic one filter! the stock location or this location. not both.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back