Is this right? Bad harness connector location

tommyg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was crawling all over underneath today cleaning and inspecting, spraying rust inhibitor on the chassis/frame welds and anywhere rust might be just starting and noticed this connector.
I know these trucks are designed by engineers that know better, but common sense tells me you should never put electrical connections anywhere near where they could be sprayed with water and mud.
The only thing seperating it from the rear of the left front tire is the bottom few inches of the splashguard.

Attachments

• SRT wiring 002.jpg
    SRT wiring 002.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 72
I was wondering what you were doing when I drove by this afternoon. yeah that connector also has the fuel pump wiring in it.

Wrap it with rubber tape and then vinyl tape.
Or use some shrink tubing on it.

hi Steve,
yes, with everything going on this time of year its hard to get to the important things in life, but I found some time this weekend cause the wife was in NY :D

Since I have literally nothing to do to the cuda...its perfect, and only needs wiping down once in a while, and since the stealth is having a little body work getting done, that left my poor neglected daily driver 10 to get some attention.

Dont think I need to tape the connector, but I just thought it was someones bad idea to locate it there. Taping it, unless done perfectly, could end up trapping stuff in there and defeating the purpose.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back