it quit on me

ppress79

Reaction score
Stock 04 regular cab. Turned onto freeway on ramp and I was only about half throttle in second and at 4000 rpm when everything shut off for about 1-2 seconds and then came back on. Radio memory was intact but all dash warning lights came on just like I had just turned the key on and all guages went to zero then came back up to normal. It drove fine afterwards but I just want to check-in and make sure I'm ok.

Phil

Last edited:
it may be one of those crazy deals bud, check battery cables an such, but your grounds are very important, there is one on the backside of the cylinder head, check it and make sure its not loose, a good checking over of all connections is in order the more years these trucks get on them

also check ground to the side of your truck in the engine bay. Those can back out.

ohhh nother one for ya bone, that dadgum battery pos at the connector from the starter and battery, thats the one that kept labontes truck from cranking

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
ohhh nother one for ya bone, that dadgum battery pos at the connector from the starter and battery, thats the one that kept labontes truck from cranking
Did it to last year at the gym. Cranked it back down with loctite. Had me baffled at first.

My jeep did that, but never turned back in lol. Turned out to be an internal short in the battery. Basically shorted everything out. Replaced the battery and everything back to normal

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back