Jan 19/20th - West Coast and AZ GTG, and Track Day.

SRT-IZ said:
OK......So back to Scott to this sponsor thing. Are you saying that if we dont get a sponsor we have come up with around $100-$150 each? What if hardly or no spectators show up....That means we have to come up with more? What if more than the $4200 is raised...What happens with the balance?

I will be on a limited budget so i need to know what needs to be paid? I know I am not paying up 100 bills to race...F that!! I dont make that kind of money like most of you guys! Ill be lucky if I make it there!

Some one please splain!!!

I'm with IZ on this one...it's already a pretty penny to come all the way to AZ for me. And remember, I'm just an Enlisted Man....So, lets get this figured out ASAP, cuz I need to know. Do we need to get everyone to chip in or what?:dontknow:

KRAZYSRT10 said:
I'm with IZ on this one...it's already a pretty penny to come all the way to AZ for me. And remember, I'm just an Enlisted Man....So, lets get this figured out ASAP, cuz I need to know. Do we need to get everyone to chip in or what?:dontknow:

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:

I did speak to Home Depot and I have got no response as of yet...I will check again tomorrow :( I am with Iz on this....I can't be throwin out that kinda Jack.....We could always BBQ at Scott's house..................:D :p

A few of the guys that are coming are not bringing trucks or don't plan to race.

So in reality, I would base your race attendance between 15 and 20 participants.

FSTJACK said:
A few of the guys that are coming are not bringing trucks or don't plan to race.

So in reality, I would base your race attendance between 15 and 20 participants.

This is true. If there were a bridge from here to there...My tuck;) would be there...but since there isnt, I'm hoping to be able to rent a Mopar and.....RACE IT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF!!! :D:rock::rock::rock::rock::burnout:

J/K....Kinda.:p

SRT-IZ said:
OK......So back to Scott to this sponsor thing. Are you saying that if we dont get a sponsor we have come up with around $100-$150 each? What if hardly or no spectators show up....That means we have to come up with more? What if more than the $4200 is raised...What happens with the balance?

I will be on a limited budget so i need to know what needs to be paid? I know I am not paying up 100 bills to race...F that!! I dont make that kind of money like most of you guys! Ill be lucky if I make it there!

Some one please splain!!!

If we raise more then $4200, then that difference is split with the track, and the VTCOA.

Believe me.. I am in the same boat... I dont have the kind of cash to be thowing around.

I have not signed the contract with the track yet.. but they are calling me to do so... and in order to get the deal setup someone (me).. has to put up 25%.... and I dont have that kind of jack either to be putting on the line.

If we could come up with 3 sponsors who would give $1000 each, we could easily pull this off...... all sponsors need to participate monetarily...

I know DC has offered "tunes" for those coming, but not everyone can use that... at this point I think that there should be on "in kind" sponsors...

The track is fairly certain that we can pull off the spectators... but we need to hold up our side of the bargain as well.

So what happens if we dont raise the cash...then what?:dontknow:

Is it just VTCOA that is going to be racing? You mentioned that there will be other racers other than VTCOA there. They paying up?

SRT-IZ said:
So what happens if we dont raise the cash...then what?:dontknow:

Is it just VTCOA that is going to be racing? You mentioned that there will be other racers other than VTCOA there. They paying up?

Its open to ALL Mopars.... but we need to be prepared to pony up the cash ourselves if there is a low census.... or turnout... thats why the sponsors are so important they defer the costs that we have to come up with ourselves.... to make this event happen.

There is a alot that goes into a event, its much more than just paying a little money, and racing... as a seasoned event coordinator they will make your hair turn great very early....

This is why I need help from ALL VTCOA members to make this happen... I know you all have connections with business that would be willing to pony up some cash for the event and get some advertising out of it....

Why not just have a regular track day like everyone else??:rock:

SRT-IZ said:
Why not just have a regular track day like everyone else??:rock:

That thought had crossed my mind.... we could do the Saturday Test and Tune, and Saturday night drags... still do our cruz, and get together.. it would be the same....just would be a alot more than mopars, if that is OK with everyone then unless some sponsors miraculouly come through for us...

http://www.speedworlddragstrip.com/display_event.asp?ID=114
http://www.speedworlddragstrip.com/display_event.asp?ID=140

I am open to this.... as well..

azpyroguy said:
That thought had crossed my mind.... we could do the Saturday Test and Tune, and Saturday night drags... still do our cruz, and get together.. it would be the same....just would be a alot more than mopars, if that is OK with everyone then unless some sponsors miraculouly come through for us...

http://www.speedworlddragstrip.com/display_event.asp?ID=114
http://www.speedworlddragstrip.com/display_event.asp?ID=140

I am open to this.... as well..

okay ladies, my .02
i am 90% sure that i am taking the truck. but i am not going to race it, bottom line......never have and i think i never will........
now i think that we need a head count on how many trucks are going to race. i will put the 100 bucks like if i was going to race (but i am not) just to help the cause...Second i am going to talk with someone (women) and see if i can get her to sponsor us...how much would we need????.........and if does not happen then i am cool with it...(the race thing).....we could alway go to your house and BBQ some steaks (The Sickness say's the were great):D :D :D

btw, Sickness give me a call, you half a man!:toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet:

Whitesnake said:
okay ladies, my .02
i am 90% sure that i am taking the truck. but i am not going to race it, bottom line......never have and i think i never will........
now i think that we need a head count on how many trucks are going to race. i will put the 100 bucks like if i was going to race (but i am not) just to help the cause...Second i am going to talk with someone (women) and see if i can get her to sponsor us...how much would we need????.........and if does not happen then i am cool with it...(the race thing).....we could alway go to your house and BBQ some steaks (The Sickness say's the were great):D :D :D

btw, Sickness give me a call, you half a man!:toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet:
ROTFLMSAO :D Stop picking on Scott he gets sensitive :D I will call you after your noon poker game :D What call box location are you at ;) :D I know nobody will catch that joke :eek: :D But it's Fkn funny anyway Hahahahaha :elefant:

TheSickness said:
ROTFLMSAO :D Stop picking on Scott he gets sensitive :D I will call you after your noon poker game :D What call box location are you at ;) :D I know nobody will catch that joke :eek: :D But it's Fkn funny anyway Hahahahaha :elefant:

the joke was for you only bitch!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D call box location is DEEZ NUTZ 69!;) ;) ;) ;)

I vote for a regular common ordinary GTG for Christ's sake :D HD said no I just got off the phone with them :( So one sponser down the toilet :toilet:

TheSickness said:
I vote for a regular common ordinary GTG for Christ's sake :D HD said no I just got off the phone with them :( So one sponser down the toilet :toilet:

who's HD????:dontknow:

TheSickness said:
Home Depot you know where you hang out for work in the morning :D

Picture this: Whitesnake hanging out in front of home depot with the SRT, do you think i will get work???????:toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet:

Whitesnake said:
Picture this: Whitesnake hanging out in front of home depot with the SRT, do you think i will get work???????:toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet:
Never said you wre successful did I :D If you take one those POS 454's out there you will :D Besides with 24" of blue bling bling wheel glarin at ya. you prolly scared em off :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back